FutureLearn exists to bring everyone everywhere the opportunity to learn for life by bringing together experts from some of the world’s best Universities with anyone who has the desire to learn. We...
London, United Kingdom
8 Nov 2013
Opportunity has expired
Data Insights Analyst
Are you obsessed with data? This is an ideal opportunity for you.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
FutureLearn exists to bring everyone everywhere the opportunity to learn for life by bringing together experts from some of the world’s best Universities with anyone who has the desire to learn. We seek to reinvent the way education takes place, applying creative ideas and technological innovation to the world of learning to create engaging experiences that people can really enjoy.
You will provide insights to FutureLearn business and product teams and its partners about how, when and why learners and educators use FutureLearn and provide greater understanding of who they are.
You will collect data produced by FutureLearn (and its competitors) using a variety of bespoke and standard analytics tools; analyse, translate and interpret it; and produce documents, presentations and recommendations that are useful to the business and its partners. You’ll work closely with the product team and provide insights that allow them to optimise user journeys for course sign-ups, learner satisfaction, learning outcomes and successful course completion and help identify areas which need further intervention. You will also provide advice to our partners on best practice for identifying and creating courses based on insights from learner data, and to the marketing team on creating and evaluating campaigns.
You will also be responsible for managing dissemination and discussion of insight with individual partners. This includes 1:1 relationships with our partners, and one-off groups such as the proposed Academic Network. This aspect of the role will sometimes include providing partners with tools to help them interpret data, and collecting and assessing requirements from partners for new or different data. You will also provide analytics-based visualisations for learners.
- Manage and oversee all tools (bespoke, commercial, public domain, etc.) for collecting analytics and data
- Identify areas where we can and should be collecting additional data and suggest approaches for how to do this
- Work closely with the product team to create new analytics tools and dashboards for FutureLearn, educators and learners
- Help answer high-level strategic questions using existing usage data
- Provide recommendations to the product team for how to improve existing or add new functionality and content that will enhance the course sign-ups, user experience and learning outcomes, course completions and, where relevant, conversions to paid products and services
- Spot trends that need to be addressed with new features or related products and services
- Oversee or be responsible for the creation of regular reports for the business and partners to help them understand and evaluate their progress
- Provide advice to partners on best practice for course creation and use of their own data.
- Be responsible for setting, monitoring and revising an appropriate ethical framework for collecting and communicating analytics data.
- Coordinate with and respond to requests from partners for new forms of data, analysis and visualisation of their courses.
You will have...
- 5-years demonstrable experience of analysing stats for a digital product or service
- Proven experience of working with a digital product team
- Demonstrable experience in looking at social data, social connections, sentiment analysis or similar
- An interest or experience in working in online education
- Awareness of pedagogy
- Demonstrable experience in some form of eCommerce or subscription business
- Experience of improving conversion
- Intimate understanding of data collection, databases and statistical analysis, including tools such as R or SPSS and Weka for data mining
- Experience of creating effective visualisations of complex data
- An understanding of data protection law and good practice related to this
- Experience and intimate knowledge of tools such as Google Analytics
- Provide regular interesting, provocative and useful insights that help us make FutureLearn great
- Be obsessive about detail and understanding the context for data
- Be good at turning an unknown into a testable question that can be answered with data
- Champion the use of data across the business to help make the best informed decisions
- Be a great communicator and storyteller and adept at helping others understand what complicated data means
- Be awesome at drawing conclusions whilst being clear about any assumptions they have made
- Have constant curiosity and an interested in taking new approaches, using new tools and learning by trying out something different
- Want to use their data mining skills to understand and improve the way people learn online in massive numbers
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.