FutureLearn exists to bring everyone everywhere the opportunity to learn for life by bringing together experts from some of the world’s best Universities with anyone who has the desire to learn. We...
London, United Kingdom
16 Jan 2014
Opportunity has expired
Seeking a top graduate looking for a career in strategy in a dynamic technology sector or a person with 1-2 years’ strategy experience.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We are look for a Strategy Analyst to plan, manage and deliver rigorous competitor and market intelligence to inform strategy, product development and emerging business models, and provide supporting research and analysis to inform business decisions.
The role is ideal for a top graduate looking for a career in strategy in a highly dynamic technology sector or a person with 1-2 years’ strategic consulting experience looking for an exciting inhouse role. You will be be able to make sense of highly shifting market environments, have good commercial acumen, and thrive in an ambiguous and a very fast-paced environment where your work will have a tangible and immediate impact.
You will sit within the Strategy and Insights team and report to the Head of Strategy and Insight, working will work closely with the Learner Insights & Analytics Manager (who has primary responsibility for FutureLearn’s internal data).Responsibilities:
- Research and evaluate competitive and market intelligence in a highly fluid market and competitive environment, and determine implications for FutureLearn
- Develop and present high impact and clear presentations to senior management
- Undertake discrete deak and primary research (both qualitative and quantitative), e.g. pricing research, financial modelling, market segmentation, company profiling
- Understand data available within FutureLearn in the context of market insight, and draw out implications for FutureLearn
- Undertake short ad hoc strategy or market research tasks as requested by the CEO or Head of Strategy
Role requirements (essential):
- Experience of designing, planning and managing quantitative and/or qualitative research in a commercial environment ,including interviews, surveys and other primary research
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, including Excel to an Advanced level
- Knowledge of financial analysis to support business modelling
- Ability to interpret and summarise complex data sets and reports
- Ability to identify assumptions, data gaps and data sources
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing (especially presentations)
- Strong attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Well organised, with the ability to work independently to plan and manage workload
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly
- A strong interest in online education
Role requirements (desirable):
- Experience of online and/or education businesses
- A 2:1 degree qualification (preferably in a business-related or numerical subject)
- Experience of detailed financial modelling for business planning
Please note that you must have the right to work in the United Kingdom in order to apply for this role.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.