Gallery One (g-1) was formed in 2005 by Gregg and Jane Sedgwick. With a vision to become the world's leading branded gallery group, the Company has grown from a single 350 square foot store in Dubai to 10 retail gallery stores in four countries. It continues to expand with the aim to own and operate 100 retail stores in three Continents by 2015.
Richmond, London, United Kingdom
30 Sep 2013
Opportunity has expired
Art & Design Digital Retail Manager
First rate online art product specialist and master of the dark arts of online marketing required for an incredible opportunity in the world of Art, Design and Retail...
Richmond, London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We are opening over 100 stores in the next few years, not least expanding our corporate arm and design teams at the same time - as well as an increased digital and online presence.
We need someone to head-up our foray into the sale of our own Art & Design products online and leverage our social media platforms.
We have brilliant people with brilliant ideas, working together with a "nothing is impossible" mantra. Innovation is everything.
Our website has been built and the potential now needs to be unlocked with an outstanding individual driving it forward.
You absolutely must have the following:
- A love of art and design
- A "never, ever give up" style attitude
- The ability to work under pressure
- Absolute commitment and desire to be the best
- Passion, enthusiasm, drive and endless energy
- A quick learner
- Outstanding with IT and Administration
- Previous website management experience
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms
- Understanding of how to increase traffic, basket size and reduce drop-out rates
- Maintenance of product and client databases
- Online marketing with proven success
- Understanding of online customer psychology
- Outstanding customer service credentials
- Strong social media skills
- Some design experience
- Some knowledge of coding and relevant software packages
- Sales Driven
- Target Driven
- Energetic and Outgoing
- Reliable & Trustworthy
In addition, a sense of humour helps. It's not all work!
The job is not 9-5 - but then success comes with hard work. You can expect lots of responsibility and some out of hours expectations.
However, in return we offer:
- A salary and bonus package that reflects your experience and the role on offer
- Certain perks in line with our industry
- The chance to learn how to run and grow an online business from the ground up, spending time with some truly brilliant people and seeing immediate results from your efforts
- A path into more senior roles as the organisation grows - perhaps even choosing your own specialism
Please send a full CV and cover letter to:
Please ensure both are present with an application. I need to know why you specifically want the role and what you have done before that shows your abilities.
In addition I would like some feedback on our site - online for everyone to see. Please be critical (we know which bits are good!) and then offer constructive, commercial solutions. Keep it to your top ten for now...!
Find out more about us here (and take a look around while you're here!): Application instructions click below. http://www.g-1.com/gallery-one/who-are-we/
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.