Exit Strategies for Startups
Tom Samodol, Business Coach, Corporate Finance Expert
Wednesday, 20th March from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
You’ve successfully founded and grown your company and are now at the late-stage startup phase. What’s next? This class will give you a basic overview on the options available, covering topics such as the strategy implications of mergers and acquisitions vs. funding, what private equity firms look for when they acquire startups, and the process considerations and sale alternatives available. If you’re a CEO, investor or entrepreneur at a growth and late-stage startup—or work in the internet and technology sectors and are curious about the various ways possible to bring a company to the next level—this class is for you.
We’ll go over:
- Mergers & acquisitions vs. funding and its implication on business strategy and valuation of a startup
- Best strategies for start-ups up for a sale—looking at options for B2B and B2C businesses
- What buyers (corporate and private equity) look for in targets
- Process considerations and sale alternatives in mergers & acquisitions
- Perspectives of strategic buyers and private equity (not VCs!)
- How valuation works in a M&A context (i.e. when selling 100% of a startup)
Instructor: Tom Samodol coaches and advises entrepreneurs, companies, and investors on strategy, business and corporate finance. He specialises in fundraising and mergers & acquisition deals on the buy, sell, and investment sides. Previously the Head of Technology Investment Banking at Dresdner Kleinwort, he focuses on mobile, internet (B2B, B2C, gaming, and advertising), software, fintech, payment and IT services.
Can't make it? Sign up at https://generalassemb.ly/ to stay up to date on future events and classes.
Our Refund Policy: Plans change. We get it. But if you can't make it to a class/workshop, please email us at London@generalassemb.ly at least 7 days before the scheduled event date. No refunds will be given after this timeframe.