First of all, it’s not easy explaining visionary, innovative, or game-changing efforts. And it’s even harder when your brand, business, or cause has lost its spark. In fact, repositioning or reframing your message is often the obstacle that stands in the way of serious growth. If you just had the right story to tell…
New York , United States
26 Feb 2013
Opportunity has expired
Transformational Storytelling – Project Manager
Help teach thousands of global change-makers the principles and skills of narrative intelligence.
New York , United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
You are a masterful ringleader with emotional intelligence who can manage collaborations for multiple projects and across diverse teams. You are attracted to challenges of overseeing a large number of moving parts while keeping an eye on the big goals. You do not get lost or sidetracked. You balance your obsessive streak with relational acumen and empathy. You also broadly schooled in the domains of marketing, innovation, storytelling, branding, and technology. One of those areas is your signature domain expertise (you could teach a class on the subject). Your satisfaction comes from seeing progress, harmony, and grace. You operate at the highest levels of integrity and authenticity and are looking for an opportunity to learn, contribute, and grow in an entrepreneurial environment.
Your role includes the following:
- Work on game-changing projects with visionary enterprise-level clients that are leading ambitious innovation or marketing initiatives
- Serve clients and creative partners by owning the deliverables of the engagements while championing their work
- Serve the team as manager of multiple projects with diverse life cycles, enabling contract fulfillment, issue resolutions, and coordination of account details, including client interface
- Provide strategic insights based on your domain expertise in one of the following domains: marketing, innovation, consulting, or branding
- Manage team partnerships, ensuring readiness, scheduling and facilitating of regular meetings
- Handle escalation issues, effectively reporting on progress, and recommending enhancements
- Enlist team members and support them in their tasks and responsibilities leading to timely and quality client delivery
- Manage timelines, relationships, tasks, resources, and deliverables across multiple domains
- Contribute to creation of harmony and streamlined workflow in our organization
- Ensure evolution and alignment of our culture and brand across experiential touch-points with clients and colleagues
- Participate in marketing strategy, communication, and deliverables
Key attributes and skills:
- You’re on a committed path of self-development and actualization
- Knowledge of project management, account management, media, and communications
- Growing understanding of the dynamics and power of storytelling as it informs the future of marketing and innovation
- Written and verbal communication master
- Organized, reliable, and diligent team player
- Ability to prioritize amongst competing tasks and demands
- Ability to adjust one’s approach to diverse industries, personalities and organizational cultures, while steadily and appropriately influencing others at all levels towards the goals
- Thoughtfully reflect on the strategy, values and operations of our team, contributing to continual organizational learning
- Motivation to link all business results to a larger story of human experience and transformation
- Disciplined practice of care for self, one’s relationships, and larger community
Contributions of Get Storied to you:
- An opportunity to be part of a global learning company, where everybody is both a student and a teacher
- The chance to do work that matters with clients across corporate, nonprofit, and entrepreneurial sectors
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Platform for your learning, growth, and thought-leadership development
- Opportunity to participate in formulating strategy, concepting, teaching, and client delivery
- Workplace and collaborative culture you can truly call home
- Entrepreneurial, agile, and dynamic professional experience
- Team supportive of your personal and professional development
- An energizing work environment led by integrity, empathy, and honesty
This is a full-time position. 3-5 years of previous experience in an agency (consulting, creative, or tech industry) is required. Candidates must be based in NYC.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume (subject line: “Project Manager, Escape The City, last name, first name”). Be sure to tell your story: what makes you tick, why you want to be a part of Get Storied, and what you think you can contribute. Applications cannot be considered without this personal profile. We believe we’re offering a “job of a lifetime.” Help us understand who you really are.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.