Global Natives is one part innovation lab, one part digital agency, and one part consultancy. With offices in London and New York, we connect big ideas with even larger audiences. We work on every...
London, United Kingdom
31 Oct 2013
Opportunity has expired
Join our merry band of brand builders, storytellers, digital strategists and social activists, matchmakers and technologists as we harness the power of the public to innovate and disrupt!
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We are brand builders and storytellers, digital strategists and social activists, matchmakers and technologists. We have diverse backgrounds and global perspectives. We help high profile people and organizations develop their businesses, tell their stories, and increase public engagement.
With offices in London and New York and projects worldwide, we are hired to be disruptive, ask the hard questions, and push boundaries every step of the way.
Global Natives is growing, and we’re looking for another best in class thinker to play an important strategy support role across client projects. For top performers, this will provide a fast track to a more senior position.
How we work
Our strategists research, strategize, ideate, interact directly with clients, make recommendations, and have the opportunity to take projects from end to end. As such, ridiculous attention to detail (some would call it OCD, but we just like to think of it as thoroughness), project planning skills, and ability to work on and manage multiple workflows at once is critical.
A day in the office
A typical day at our office in London as a junior strategist might include researching an internal briefing paper on a new project or building a strategy deck for a client (on anything from how they might interact with their fans/customers on a social network, to fleshing out plans for a grassroots marketing campaign). Following a nice lunch at your favorite cafe (Fitzrovia has quite the selection), the afternoon will likely include administrative work, a team project management meeting or two, and/or a big brainstorm session.
Daniel started this business to help clients with big ideas change the world, AND to have a work life balance. We all work hard and sometimes long hours on rewarding projects, but always place a premium on pursuing our passions and chill time outside of work. For the record, we also have a pretty darn good time at work! We hire people for who they are inside and outside of the office, and would look to support and applaud any passion projects you’re pursuing. Company culture includes good meals, field trips to art fairs, international travel, and being behind the scenes on well known initiatives.
You are junior, hungry, and know what you don’t know. You have developed thinking on everything from human rights to entertainment. You either recently graduated from an impressive sounding university (and did lots of impressive sounding things whilst there), or have spent a few years getting your hands dirty with some interesting and applicable real world experience. Either way you’re a thinker who can talk about things you’ve done, projects you’ve managed, and lessons you’ve learned.
We’re most interested in someone who is confident, capable, and self aware, can handle a fast paced and demanding environment, and effectively communicate their thinking, both verbally and in writing. Someone who has done awesome things will more likely be asked to interview than someone who has only talked about or studied them. In addition, we place a great deal of emphasis on actively working to be in the know on a wide range of subjects. Thus, voracious consumers of content are welcomed.
- Significant research and strategy experience (must be able to provide specific examples)
- Proven reliability (we always check references via people you’ve directly reported to)
- Experience participating in website design and development (doesn’t mean you need coding or design skills)
- Very creative
- Diverse work experience, both geographically and sector-wise (we’re looking for a Global Native to join our tribe)
- Native level understanding of how digital technology can and is changing the world
- A strategic thinker, creative thinker, and doer with strong attention to detail
- Impressive deck building and design thinking (again, must be able to provide specific examples)
- Right to work in the UK, London based (non-negotiable)
Nice to Haves
- Coding and design skills
- Fluency in other languages
- Encyclopedic knowledge of movie quotes
- Developed opinions on London restaurants
To apply, please send the below to [apply] at [weareglobalntives dot com]:
- Information about yourself
- CV (with social media profiles)-
Work Samples, including:
- An example of research and strategy work you’ve done. Please include a few sentences explaining the role you played in creating the example.
- An example of your website design/development/strategy experience, with a few sentences summarizing the role you played in creating this example.
- A deck you’ve created.
- A specific idea you have for how one of our clients could blow some minds using their pre-existing assets/channels (the more specific and strategic, the better).
- Deadline: Dec 20, 2013
- Please keep your application conversational, not formal, as we don’t have any application reading robots to review your materials - just good old fashioned human beings.
- Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, we’ll only be able to respond to those that make it to the next round. Apologies in advance, and thank you so so much for your interest and application.
Absolutely NO recruiters please.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.