We are creating something new in the travel industry. We sell quirky and sometimes surprising learning holidays across the globe where you can go learn to cook, surf, make perfume, horse ride, take...
10 Sep 2013
Opportunity has expired
£30k-£40k depending on experience
If you want to change the travel world, you’ve come to the right place.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
£30k-£40k depending on experience
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
If you want to change the travel world, you’ve come to the right place. We are doing it every day. We are creating something new in the travel industry. We sell quirky and sometimes surprising learning holidays across the globe where you can go learn to cook, surf, make perfume, horse ride, take photographs to be proud of, paint, practice yoga, Pilates, detox and even fight like a gladiator (and much more).
No bones about it, we’re an entrepreneurial travel company with big ideas and all the adventures that brings. We’re also a real business, making real money, working with real guests and holiday partners. Conceived in 2006, we are out of the incubator. We are weaned and walking but we want to run. Fast. We have a big plan, we have big ideas. Opportunity knocks.
The General Manager Role
Which is why we’re looking for entrepreneurial candidates to help us run as fast as Usain Bolt. As an ambitious General manager you will drive sales, meet targets, motivate a team, build and manage relationships with customers, suppliers and distribution partners, manage and grow our product portfolio, strategise and help with our new system and web design projects.
We sell amazing holidays and that requires amazing people. People who are determined, curious, hands-on, thoughtful to a fault, sales obsessed and yet extremely practical. We are always busy and at times it will be a tough gig but for the right person, it will be worth every minute.
If, like us you are not interested in the usual corporate gibberish, we’ll give you a job that is as varied and mind expanding as our holidays. You’ll also get to test the new ones from time to time.
General Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Delivering growth, which means hitting service and sales targets
- Managing our varied product portfolio across our various distribution channels which includes acquiring new holidays that match our high standards and meet our client’s wildest holiday dreams
- Managing and motivating a fresh and enthusiastic team ensuring they deliver on bold growth and exceptional service objectives
- Building and managing relationships with distribution partners, holiday suppliers and guests
- Managing the PPC and remarketing campaigns
- Managing the business analytics to help drive growth and deliver conversions
- Collaborating with marketing and PR to get our message out
- Helping to shape and deliver new system and web redesign projects
Is this you? It looks like you if...
- You have an unhealthy interest in travel
- You have commercial drive and determination in spades
- Achieving growth beyond expectations is why you come to work
- You are a great negotiator with a nose for the right product
- You’re confident, reassuring and charismatic, and have the ability to quickly build trust and rapport with people
- You have experience in a business undergoing rapid growth
- You have proven people management capabilities, with an emphasis on high-service, customer facing businesses
- You are aching for the chance to have more responsibility
- You are a doer as well as a thinker – quite simply, you get stuff done
- You absolutely MUST be fluent in written and spoken English
- You hate wearing suits
The practical stuff?
Light and airy office in Kentish Town, NW5 London right opposite the tube station
(it’s above a coffee shop, those freshly baked croissants and brewing coffee smells are so good on a Monday morning)
Start date: Come soon, we’re waiting…
- Hefty discounts on our holidays (some are even free)
- The chance to travel
- Almost too much responsibility
- More than just a job
- No suits
- Tea, endless tea
- Exceptionally friendly colleagues
Email CV and cover letter that will make us sit up and pay attention to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to include your contact details, last salary earned and the day you are available to start.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.