GOOD is the integrated media platform for people who want to live well and do good. We are a company and community for the people, businesses, and NGOs moving the world forward. GOOD's mission is t...
Los Angeles, United States
23 Sep 2013
Opportunity has expired
VP of Community
At GOOD (www.good.is) we are working to build a community that can help move the world forward.
Los Angeles, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
1) Build – Create and implement the strategy and tactics to build the GOOD community including moderation guidelines, member communication, and partnerships. Build the right team to implement this strategy and build the GOOD community.
- Help invent and evangelize completely new ways to build communities, turning member-by-member learning into holistic, network-wide processes
- Support sub-communities built around topics and/or locations ranging from education to global poverty, Dallas to Delhi
- Handle escalated moderator and user issues that arise ID and develop super-evangelists in each sub-community to help the group flourish, and mentor those members so those groups need you less
- Write blog and on-site posts to help communicate our goals and the reasoning behind changes and features
- Identify ways to automate and streamline processes related to community support, moderation, and monitoring site health
- Foster community growth through member referral
2) Analytics – Perform and design analytics to better understand what factors drive success and what’s needed to help grow our community.
3) Product – Work with developers and product managers on prioritization, design and communication of features related to growth and community management.
4) Tone – Manage the overall tone of GOOD including how we communicate with members, model behavior and speak in formal settings.
5) Offsite – Design and implement strategy for engagement and collaboration amongst members offline.
6) Partnerships – Cultivate partners who are part of the GOOD community and can help our members with their goals.
7) Grow – Manage acquisition channels including social media and member referral to build an active GOOD member-base.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent)
- 4+ years of experience with building social communities
- At least 4+ years building and leading community teams
- Strong leadership skills
- Dedication to servant leadership
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgment
- Experience making decisions and changing course based on analytics
- A focus on customer experience, both on and off the site
- Strong problem solving skills
- A passion for GOOD’s mission
Interested? Click on the Apply button!
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.