Johannesburg, South Africa
16 Sep 2012
Opportunity has expired
Searching for a sales guru with strong experience in the media and agency space
Johannesburg, South Africa
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The regional Large Customer Sales (LCS) teams partner closely with our major advertising clients and agencies to develop digital solutions that build our clients' businesses and brands. We are in a unique and exciting position to shape how marketing and business is conducted in the digital age. We provide consultancy services across Google's broad range of solutions, from Google AdWords, to YouTube, to Mobile, that help our customers connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences and get the most out of the web.
The role: Industry Manager, South Africa
Actively help grow customer business as a sales Googler. Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grows. You leverage your entrepreneurial drive to target, educate and persuade new customers to embrace Google's latest advertising products and technologies. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, understand the details of individual campaigns and persistently explore and uncover the business needs of your key clients. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
- Target new customers and develop strong relationships with clients and their marketing services agencies.
- Analyze data trends and client performance, develop strong strategic sales plans, and prepare and conduct strategic pitches and sales presentations.
- Collaborate and consult with major customers with the goal of extending relationships, increasing your client and agency base and optimizing their advertising expenditures.
- Develop case studies of successful campaigns in order to share insights with customers and to serve as an evangelist at targeted events and conferences.
- Champion new product releases, internally and externally.
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience).
- Strong sales and deal-closing behaviors. Demonstrable experience in business development, client relationship and servicing skills, and consultative selling, with the ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Established network of contacts and considerable sales experience within the media and agency space.
- Strong media experience, online, with a good understanding of search.
- Strong knowledge of Google products such as AdWords and AdSense.
No special instructions provided.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.