As a Quantitative analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing large data sets and building expert systems that improve our understand of the Web and improve the performance of our products. This effort includes performing complex statistical analysis on non-routine problems and working with engineers to embed models into production systems. Managing fast changing business priorities and interfacing with product managers and engineers are required for success.
- Apply advanced statistical methods
- Work with large, complex data sets
- Solve difficult, non-routine problems
- Clearly communicate highly technical results and methods
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams
- PhD in Statistics or Econometrics, (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
- 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with R/SPlus; coursework in Bayesian methods, longitudinal analysis and experimental design.
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Python, Perl and SQL.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And, we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--breaking the rules, redefining the medium, making the user the hero, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.