Google's brand is only as strong as our users' trust--and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what's best for them. Our Product Quality Operations team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google's users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user's point of view and are interested in using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
- Identify market trends, identify product vulnerabilities, and recommend strategy adjustments based on market trends and patterns.
- Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analyses and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes around customer support and product expansion. Increase efficiency through processes and system enhancements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as Engineering and Product by exposing product vulnerabilities and providing feedback on systems/tools/process in order to increase automation while providing a better experience for our users.
- Investigate, identify, and prevent/remove product quality issues by reviewing accounts, transactions, user-generated content, advertisements, local business listings, and/or search results in order to enforce product-specific policies.
- Conduct manual reviews (may be occasionally exposed to some adult content and other somewhat disturbing content during the process).
- BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
- 4 years demonstrated experience developing and executing strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, economics or finance).
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience in Internet-based risk, abuse, fraud or security.
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux environments, numerical analysis, algorithms and/or data-mining.
- Familiarity with typical web practices and strong understanding of webmaster skills (HTML, web server, TCP) and a penchant for innovation, technology and Google products.
- Strong command of web application or mobile application development landscapes.
The Product Quality Operations (PQO) team protects Google's users. We define and communicate product policies, and we defend Google's integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse across Google products. The PQO team ensures product quality for the company's expanding base of advertisers, publishers and users in more than 40 languages. We partner with Engineering to combat fraud and abuse across major products like Search, AdWords, AdSense, Google+, Wallet, and Maps. PQO team members are motivated to find innovative solutions and use technical know-how and proactive communication to work across functions to defend the user.