Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, evangelize best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
Accountants on the Revenue team collaborate with Sales, Sales Finance, and Product teams to ensure that we have scalable accounting and payment processes to support new products and business models. You will also leverage your knowledge of our processes, and project management skills, to participate in cross-functional initiatives to enhance existing systems; scope and design new financial systems; and drive efficiency improvements in our monthly close and partner payment calculation processes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and drive implementation of the solutions.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Sales, FP&A, Engineering, Treasury, Tax, AP, and AR, on partner-related activities and system initiatives.
- Develop a thorough understanding of internal revenue systems and actively participate in the integration of M&A transactions.
- Collaborate with external audit staff for quarterly review and year-end audit procedures.
- BA/BS or equivalent, in lieu of degree, 5 years of relevant work experience.
- CPA, 5 years of analytical work experience in high volume environments in software, internet, media, retail or telecom industries or consulting.
- Demonstrated experience in driving operational process improvement and familiarity with transactional processing systems.
- Strong computer skills including advanced Spreadsheet proficiency. Object Oriented programming experience. Advanced SQL capabilities and CLI (Command Line Interface) experience preferred. Oracle and Hyperion/Essbase experience.
- Genuine excitement for analyzing large and complex data sets and converting them into the information which drives business decisions.
- Excellent communication and project management skills; works well both independently and in a team environment.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team. Whether designing processes to support our global businesses, providing forward-thinking analysis or managing our day-to-day balance sheets, our seasoned accounting and finance pros create innovative solutions to a googol of challenges and keep our business on track.