This is a family-run safari business and farm set in the foothills of Mt Kenya. The farm is on the southern border of the Laikipia region of Kenya, arguably the most beautiful in the country.
19 Jun 2013
Opportunity has expired
Horse enthusiast for exciting Kenyan adventure
Look after up to 20 horses on a farm in one of the most beautiful regions in Kenya...an opportunity not to be missed!
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We are looking for someone to come out and take control of the whole equine management process and work with the local staff to train them. There are 7 horses currently at the farm with another 6 arriving shortly and 8 polo ponies going up in November. This is a great chance to be part of an exciting and fun project and experience the real Kenya. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes: Essential
- Significant experience in stable management and equine care
- Lots of time spent schooling horses
- Sense of adventure, happy to live in a tent on the farm with other volunteers (there is a full kitchen, running water and even hot showers though!)
- Flexible and open to getting involved
in other areas
- Hands on, cheerful disposition
- Up for some fun!
- Ability to play polo and school polo ponies
- Equine medical experience or qualifications
- Agricultural experience
- Experience travelling or working in developing countries
- Person with 5+ years work/life experience since finishing school
For lots of photos of the horses and the farm see our facebook page:
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.