About This OpportunityThis is a family-run horse-riding safari and farm set in the foothills of Mt Kenya. The farm is located about 40 minutes north of Nanyuki and borders the Laikipia region, arguably the most beautiful in Kenya.
We are looking for someone to come out and take control of the whole equine management process and work with the local staff to train them. There are 7 horses currently at the farm with another 6 arriving shortly and 8 polo ponies going up in November. This is a great chance to be part of an exciting and fun project and experience the real Kenya. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes: Essential
- Significant experience in stable management and equine care
- Lots of time spent schooling horses
- Sense of adventure, happy to live in a tent on the farm with other volunteers (there is a full kitchen, running water and even hot showers though!)
- Flexible and open to getting involved
in other areas
- Hands on, cheerful disposition
- Up for some fun!
- Ability to play polo and school polo ponies
- Equine medical experience or qualifications
- Agricultural experience
- Experience travelling or working in developing countries
- Person with 5+ years work/life experience since finishing school
For lots of photos of the horses and the farm see our facebook page:
This opportunity has expired