GRAHAM'S was founded in 1820 and now has earned an unmatched reputation as the leading producer of premium Port wines.
17 Jul 2013
Opportunity has expired
€25,000 - annual base salary.
Copywriter and Community Manager
Port/wine business in Portugal seeking talented writer/wordsmith.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
€25,000 - annual base salary.
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, and proactive individual to join our Marketing Team in Porto in the role of Copywriter and Community Manager - working across all our brands. This is a great opportunity for someone with a few years of professional experience to join a dynamic family business in a beautiful part of the world.
- Write interesting and fluent copy for back labels, product sheets, harvest reports, press releases, scripts for videos, copy for pamphlets and booklets
- Maintain the copy on all the websites (of which there are several)
- 'Own' the Graham's voice with regards to direct online communication with our consumers, fans and followers
- Maintain the Graham’s social media presence on Facebook and Twitter
- Write for the Graham's blog: http://malvedos.wordpress.com/
- Use both channels to share news from the winery and the vineyards, communicate offers and promotions, tell the story behind the label, and generally engage our drinkers in an authentic way
As community manager you will be given considerable free reign to explore the business, the quintas (farms) and the wineries in order to produce genuinely interesting content. We don't want to be sharing stories that feel like press releases!
You will report into the Marketing Director for your day-to-day work but you will also work with other members of the senior management team and family members on one-off projects and specific writing exercises.
- You must be a very strong writer (native or extremely fluent English)
- You must be able to understand the right tone and style for our copy
- You must have extremely good attention to detail and grammatical skills
- You should have some experience of writing in a professional context
- You must be digitally savvy (familiar with Wordpress and social media tools)
- You will ideally speak Portuguese (or Italian or Spanish) - whilst most of our team here speak good English, to be able to speak to the viticulture team and others, you must eventually be able to speak some Portuguese
- You really should be interested in wine and port (as that is what you'll be writing about!)
- You should be prepared to immerse yourself in a new city and culture and be able to hit the ground running
Escape the City are receiving the applications for this role. Please email a brief cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an acknowledgement of your application within one working day and shortly after the deadline has passed you will hear back whether you will be asked for an interview or whether Graham's have chosen not to proceed with your application.
Thanks and good luck!
[UPDATE: Applicants should have the right to work in the EU without sponsorship. Sorry that this wasn't communicated sooner on the listing.]
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.