Grassroots TZ is a local NGO working to prevent environmental destruction in the remote regions of Tanzania. To support this, Grassroots TZ also provides assistance to local schools as well as increasing the future generation's awareness about the impact of environmental degradation. Founded by husband and wife, Martin and Charlie Hopley, their inaugural project is at Itumba Hill Singida, some 5 hours south of Manyoni on the border of the Rungwa National Park.
21 Nov 2013
Opportunity has expired
Business Development Manager
Exciting Revenue Generating Opportunity for start-up project
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Grassroots Tanzania is a local NGO working to prevent environmental destruction in the remote regions of Tanzania. To support this, Grassroots Tanzania also provides assistance to local schools as well as increasing the future generation's awareness about the impact of environmental degradation.
Founded in 2013 by husband and wife partnership, Martin & Charlie Hopley, Grassroots Tanzania is seeking a Business Development Manager to join the team. Working with the Directors, this is a varied role which requires someone with an adaptable and flexible approach to their work with the ability to multi task. At this stage, the organisation is unable to pay a salary. This role is suitable for someone with the ability to self fund for the first year, seeking to develop their career in International Development. A passion for the Environment is a must as is a willingness to travel to remote parts of Tanzania.
For further information, visit our website (www.grassrootstz.org), our Facebook page (Grassroots Tanzania), and find us on Linkedin. please contact Charlie Hopley at . Questions are encouraged so please feel free to contact Lizzy Conley at email@example.com to get in touch if you have any queries relating to your application.
Grassroots Tanzania Company Limited is a registered not-for-profit company, no. 96586, incorporate under the Companies Act, 2002 of Tanzania on the 22nd Jan 2013.
To manage a range of revenue generating activities for Grassroots Tanzania including product development, marketing campaigns, and investor relations on a local and international scale.
1 year (volunteer position). Hours of work: 9 – 5.00pm, 4 weeks holiday with occasional weekend or evening work. A small stipend of USD 100/month will be paid as a contribution to living costs/accommodation. A review will be made after the completion of 1 year, where after a full stipend including housing allowance will be paid.
- Support strategic aims and development of business and revenue generating programs for Grassroots Tanzania
- Undertake and manage a range of product development activities. Example activities include:
- Designing/delivering sales channels for our honey and related products
- Developing a business plan to implement within a local women’s group and managing subsequent implementation.
- Seek out viable markets globally and locally (Moshi, Manyoni and Itumba Hill Singida)
- Manage all aspects of the creation of Grassroots Tanzania’s products
- Co-manage project communications, PR activities and report writing
- Maintain financial records and projections for Grassroots Tanzania
- Other tasks including Administration as required by the Directors
You must have the ability to commit to a minimum of 1 year. There is the potential for this role to be extended after the completion of this period.
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 5 years marketing/sales experience
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting process
- Ability to take initiative, to think and work independently
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to work with limited resources
- Ability to multi-task with an adaptable/flexible approach to one’s work as well as cope with ambiguity
- Ability to travel to remote parts of the country and the willingness to live simply (without running water and electricity, simple diet)
- Part self funding (please contact us if you would like further information about the cost of living in Tanzania)
- Knowledge of online sales channels & respective web development
- Previous experience undertaking administration
- Willingness to learn Kiswahili
- Experience living/traveling in Africa
Please send cover letter (1 page only) and CV (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should include your reasons for applying as well as why you consider yourself the ideal person for the role. Font size should be no smaller than 10.
Deadline for submission: Recruitment ongoing
If you would like to contact us with any queries, please email us at email@example.com
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.