Grassroots TZ is a local NGO working to prevent environmental destruction in the remote regions of Tanzania. To support this, Grassroots TZ also provides assistance to local schools as well as increasing the future generation's awareness about the impact of environmental degradation. Founded by husband and wife, Martin and Charlie Hopley, their inaugural project is at Itumba Hill Singida, some 5 hours south of Manyoni on the border of the Rungwa National Park.
3 Dec 2013
Opportunity has expired
Seeking experienced accountant looking for adventure
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Grassroots Tanzania is a local NGO working to prevent environmental destruction in the remote regions of Tanzania. To support this, Grassroots Tanzania also provides assistance to local schools as well as increasing the future generation's awareness about the impact of environmental degradation.
Founded in 2013 by husband and wife partnership, Martin & Charlie Hopley, Grassroots Tanzania is seeking a short term Accountant to assist with the preparations of our annual accounts and budgets for 2014. Working with the Directors, this is a detailed role which requires someone who can be respectful of our small, under resourced organisation. At this stage, the organisation is unable to pay a salary. This role is suitable for someone with the ability to self fund for roughly three months seeking to expand their career in International Development or simply someone looking to give back.
To prepare year end accounts and budgets for 2014 and beyond as well as review current financial practices.
Charlotte Hopley, Fundraising Director
3 months (volunteer position). Hours of work: 9 – 5.00pm, 2 weeks holiday with occasional weekend or evening work. A small stipend of USD 100/month will be paid as a contribution to living costs/accommodation.
- Prepare organisation’s year-end accounts.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Provide internal auditing services.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Maintain financial records and projections for Grassroots Tanzania
You must have the ability to commit to a minimum of 1 month. This period of time may go up or down depending on the level of experience/efficiency of the individual.
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 3 years accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting process
- Willingness to learn/work within Tanzanian and UK policies
- Ability to take initiative, to think and work independently
- Willingness to work with limited resources
- Part self funding (please contact us if you would like further information about the cost of living in Tanzania)
- Experience living/travelling in Africa
- Previous experience undertaking administration
Please send cover letter (1 page only) and CV (max 2 pages) to email@example.com. Cover letter should include your reasons for applying as well as why you consider yourself the ideal person for the role. Font size should be no smaller than 10.
For further information, go to our website (www.grassrootstz.org), our Facebook page (Grassroots Tanzania) and on Linkedin. Or please contact Lizzy Conley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions are encouraged so please feel free to get in touch if you have any queries relating to your application.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.