Graze was started by 7 friends who all share a passion for food. We deliver tasty, natural snacks through the post in the UK and, since our official launch in January 2009, have grown massively. We have big plans to build on this success, both in the UK and internationally, having recently secured backing from the Carlyle Group to support us with our exciting expansion plans. team is growing fast,
Richmond, London , United Kingdom
9 Jan 2013
Opportunity has expired
Web development manager
tecchie with the human touch required for fast growing tech company
Richmond, London , United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Graze may not seem it at first glance but we are very much a tech company! We are a fast-growth, online food company based on a home grown and highly scalable technology platform. Everything from our website, through to our customer service tools and dispatch systems, are built in PHP/MySQL and served through Amazon Web Services or locally in our office here in Richmond.
Graze was started by 7 friends who all share a passion for food. We deliver tasty, natural snacks through the post in the UK and since our official launch in January 2009 we have grown massively. We currently employ approx. 250 people split between our head office in Richmond, our factory in Feltham and our new state of the art facility we are building. We have big plans to build on this success and are currently going through a very exciting period of expansion.
What the web development team manager will be responsible for
There are 3 key facets to the role:
- Effective development and management of the team (varying levels of experience and skill sets) to ensure they realise their full potential and add as much value to graze as possible whilst achieving their own career goals.
- Ensure we have a clear understanding of the resource we have to deliver as effectively as possible work pipelines.
- Introduce clear project management (agile) methodologies.
We really value our people and have created this role lead and manage designated members of the technology team to ensure that projects/workload is effectively managed and skill sets within the team are fully utilised. This role will also be involved in the technical speccing sessions and act as an escalation point for any technical issues so experience of coding in PHP would be advantageous.
What we’re looking for in our web development team manager - technology
- The ideal candidate will have come from a web development background and will have experience working in a small to medium size company which is tech focused. Exposure to a start-up environment would be advantageous.
- Although this role will not be coding/technical on a day to day basis you will act as an escalation point for issues as well as scoping projects and will have experience in both coding (preferably PHP) and project management (preferably agile, waterfall).
- Must be an established team leader with proven skills in developing talent.
- Readiness to work in an extremely fast paced and dynamic growth business
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.