We’re looking for a someone who
can work directly with the CFO on a wide range of commercial and financial initiatives.
The role will include responsibility for budgeting and forecasting processes,
driving key finance projects in areas such as capital spending and cost
optimisation, ad-hoc analysis to support key business decisions and general
day-to-day support of the CFO . This is a hybrid role and needs someone who is
both capable of analysing data/forecasting in addition to working closely with
the business to provide commercial recommendations and effect change.
What you will be doing:
· Annual budgeting and forecasting processes, coordinating inputs from across the business, providing robust challenge and producing high quality, user friendly outputs for the Board of Directors;
· Monitoring and reporting on capital expenditure in respect of UK and international capital development programmes;
· Monitoring and reporting on forward purchasing commitments;
· Supporting the CFO in evaluating cost optimisation opportunities;
· Ad-hoc financial analysis to support key decision-making across the business;
· Drafting of presentation to the Board of Directors on the above;
· Ad-hoc support to the CFO on a range of commercial, financial and legal matters.
What we’re looking for in you:
· Strong numeracy and financial analytical skills, most likely developed through completion of a relevant financial qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA);
· Demonstrably strong commercial acumen through previous financial / commercial experience;
· Able to absorb information quickly, forming own opinions, critically assessing and proposing alternative courses of action;
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including previous financial modelling experience;
· Strong written presentation skills including experience of producing presentations in Microsoft Powerpoint / Word;
· Previous e-commerce and food / manufacturing experience an advantage.