Graze was started by 7 friends who all share a passion for food. We deliver tasty, natural snacks through the post in the UK and, since our official launch in January 2009, have grown massively. We have big plans to build on this success, both in the UK and internationally, having recently secured backing from the Carlyle Group to support us with our exciting expansion plans. team is growing fast,
Jersey City, United States
30 Oct 2013
Opportunity has expired
Revenue Forecast Analyst
Revenue forecasting planning guru needed for US take-off!
Jersey City, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Graze is the largest and fastest growing healthy snacks subscription business in the world. We offer consumers personalized boxes of healthy treats delivered to their door. Founded by 7 friends in London graze has become a household name in the UK and it has changed the way a generation of Brits snack.
A lucky few Americans have already tried graze’s delicious snacks during our successful beta trial launched earlier this year. The “graze craze” is now about to take the US by storm…
This is a unique opportunity to join us at the very beginning of graze’s international expansion and be part of the founding US team, so very much a start-up situation with the backing of a succesful UK business!
This is a highly entrepreneurial role and you’ll be involved with all revenue generating aspects of the business. You’ll be responsible for understanding graze’s top line performance week by week, recommending key actions to deliver explosive growth and generating data-driven insights from our customers (aka the grazers).
Why we're looking
Graze is about to change the face of snacking in the US and we need a smart operator to make it happen so, you will work very closely with the country manager and will be at the forefront of graze’s US growth.
At the heart of graze’s success is our data driven approach, we’re geeky about metrics! In order for the US business to succeed we will need to accurately monitor and forecast a variety of metrics. Furthermore, as we test new activities and develop new products there will be plenty of data to analyse and debate. You will be crucial in turning a data warehouse of numbers into insightful commercial recommendations that will influence the direction of the business.
If that’s not enough, when you join us you will get the opportunity to spend some time in London to meet the UK team and learn about how it all began.
Your day to day tasks
You’ll be working in a start-up environment so every day is likely to be different and you’ll need to get your hands dirty in a variety of areas. If our crystal ball is working properly we would expect you to be:
- Building and updating a slick forecast model to track numerous key metrics (including churn, referrals, frequency, inactivity, discounts etc) and drive key insights
- Understanding the factors influencing different metrics (e.g. seasonality) and the significance of different metrics on our performance
- Figuring out how we can scale the business (e.g. determining ROI of different channels and the most economic routes to acquiring customers)
- Working with the operations team to highlight where demand and supply are not in line and recommend solutions to any issues
- Preparing weekly and monthly performance packs and communicating historic results and forecasted performance to the wider business
- Nurturing mini gurus as the team grows
- Likely to have worked in a commercial role (consulting/corporate finance and/or a consumer facing/ecommerce business a plus)
- Very strong analytical ability/excel skills, able to generate meaningful insight and to effectively present findings
- The ability to quickly understand how a subscription based business works, as well as the core metrics that drive the business
- Flexibility to apply yourself to different types of problems across different departments in the business
- An inquisitive nature with a determination to get the right answers
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.