Group Olivo Limited
Group Olivo Limited
Olivo is a global innovation firm. We bridge the gap between strategic advisory and investment firms, using our people, IP, partners and financial resources to accelerate journey from concept to execution. We partner with Cross Industry, High Growth businesses to deliver outcome-based projects that move their business forward.
London, United Kingdom
28 Nov 2013
Opportunity has expired
Seeking marketing director to join a global innovation firm and lead the team that shapes our image & inspires our customers.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
A career as Marketing Director with this new business is more than an opportunity to grow a brand. It is the chance to connect to many brilliant young businesses and create innovative ways to communicate with SMEs. You will be integral in shaping the strategy and customer-focussed operations of this business.
Our marketing team will constantly work with our customers to learn how we can best tailor our offers to meet their needs and improve their line of work. As the leader of that team, you’ll be a part of a network that shapes our image, nurtures our partnerships and inspires our customers.
You will manage the marketing department and will be crucially involved in executive management of the company. The role calls for a mix of marketing, sales, and senior-management-level communication. The role is based London, and you may occasionally need to travel to meet customers and to contribute to our operational center in Glasgow.
Olivo enable large businesses to execute their long-term strategic objectives. We grow existing capabilities, facilitate financing, partnerships and acquisitions, and - as in this case - create new companies. Where a business can see an opportunity, Olivo provide the experience and talent necessary to capture it.
In early 2014, Olivo is launching a new business that provides Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) (up to 50 employees) with a managed service that handles all of their non-core business areas: accounting, HR, employment and corporate law, insurances, and pension schemes. The new business is also backed by one of Britain’s largest customer management outsourcers.
For this new business, we are looking for a dedicated Marketing Director. This person will drive customer acquisition through a number of organic and inorganic channels. They will also work to infuse the actual needs of SMEs throughout the DNA of the company.
We are looking for a track record of marketing execution in selling to and speaking with SMEs.
- Experience launching B2B services for SMES
- Experience selling to Legal and Accounting market would be ideal
- Online marketing experience
- Experience introducing a product or service to market would be ideal
- Customer acquisition is the KPI. Proven record of successful execution in this area
You will need to be a clear thinker and good communicator. You will need to create reliable systems for discovering insight into our customers, and require the ability to present and discuss the needs of the customer to the executive management team.
You will need an Entrepreneurial mindset. You will need to work and lead in an emerging business and occasionally to create structure in an unstructured environment. The ability to pro-actively implement an effective marketing structure
Maximising SME acquisition within a budget
- Defining and executing a marketing strategy
- Defining marketing materials and programs including websites, physical marketing materials, and through to intangible materials such as value propositions and marketing processes.
- Systematically using ‘Lean Startup’ principles such as Build-Measure-Learn to thoroughly understand our customers.
- Where necessary, team assembly and management
- Defining and executing a channel growth and experimentation strategy.
- Monitoring the customer experience of existing customers, ensuring that their voice is heard
Beyond realising the greatest acquisition for your budget, you will be a key member of the executive team.
Working the senior management to create a better company.
- Aligning marketing objectives with strategic goals
- Bringing initiatives for this to the table
- Bringing the voice of the customer to discussions with senior management, to ensure that the customer’s needs are central to the value proposition and operations of the team
Proposed Marketing Channels
- Partner - you will have access to the client base of our strategic partners. You will highlight the strengths of our value proposition to their needs.
- Digital - SEO & Content Strategy / inbound, paid online advertising / outbound.
- Direct - Meeting SMEs at SME and Trade Association events such as conferences. You will be able to speak to them
You will be required to define and expand channels to what is right for the situation.
Further duties include:
- Ensuring that the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team.
- Further development and implementation of the Brand strategy.
- Developing the marketing strategy for new and existing services
- Overseeing implementation of the Marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR.
- Developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies for the organisation.
- Working closely with the company’s Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
Application deadline is December 5th. Stretch deadline is December 20th, though interviews will have begun and the role may not be available. Interviews will occur in December. The successful applicant will start at the earliest opportunity after January 1st.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A CV no longer than two pages
- A one page covering letter.
Many thanks. We look forward to meeting you!
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.