Make life less boring.
Seattle, United States
28 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
Advanced Architect, Groupon Global Travel
Groupon is working on lots of cool technology (beyond group buying) to make life easier and more affordable for people who love to travel.
Seattle, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We’re not your typical online travel platform. We are working to create packages that delight both suppliers and Groupon subscriber alike. For lodging, we focus on independent and boutique properties as well as chains and B&Bs and listen to their needs to craft a deal that is going to get them the customers that they want, when they want them. There is a lot more to come. Out with the old ways of features that serve as price comparisons. We’re in the business of featuring travel for everything it is – opportunities for our customers to relax, enjoy themselves, share special moments and be delighted.
As part of this effort we have several projects underway and more coming to significantly improve and enhance our travel related offering.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for architecting and building large-scale, highly performant online travel data systems
- Architecting for TP9x availability across all services
- Architecting innovative presentation models across web and mobile applications
- Develop new technology to solve complex data problems, such as web-scale data integration, inventory management and data collection
- Design and deploy high-performance RESTful web services that adhere to standards
- Continually evaluate new technologies and make decisions on implementation
- Collaborate with other engineers, data scientists, and product/business people locally and globally
- Work with international systems and teams to unify systems globally
- Mentor SDEs and ensure good agile software development practices are followed
We are looking for someone with:
- Deep understanding of high-performance systems – horizontal scalability, caching, etc.
- Experience with data collection and mining technologies
- Extensive experience in data management systems, both relational (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expert in at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C++) and one dynamic scripting language (e.g., Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Proficiency with *NIX development environments
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure
- A desire to work in a small team to solve big problems
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.