GSMA Mobile for Development
GSMA Mobile for Development
Uniting the mobile industry & development community to drive commercial services for underserved people. Mobile for Development Intelligence is an entrepreneurial group dedicated to leveraging mobile technology for good in the developing world.
London, United Kingdom
10 Mar 2014
Opportunity has expired
Project Manager (1 year contract)
Seeking an exceptional project manager - passionate about using mobile technologies to drive social and economic development
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The GSMA represents the interests of the worldwide mobile operator community. Spanning 219 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world's mobile operators as its members, as well as linking them with more than 200 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem (including; handset makers, software companies, equipment providers, Internet companies, and media and entertainment organizations). The GSMA is focused on innovating, incubating and creating new opportunities for its membership, all with the end goal of driving the growth of the mobile communications sector and the role of operators within it. In addition, we work with Governments, regulators and NGO’s to develop the social and economic value of mobile on a country, region and global basis. Finally we operate and produce the world leading Mobile World Congress and its sister events.
About Mobile for Development
Part of GSMA, Mobile for Development is an entrepreneurial group dedicated to leveraging mobile technology for good in the developing world.
About M4D Impact
A programme within our Mobile for Development group, Mobile for Development Intelligence is a data driven website specifically for the developing world mobile industry. Through an open access portal, M4D Impact offers offer data and analysis to support business decision-making and clarify the evidence of the socio-economic impact of the mobile industry in the developing world.
The M4D Impact team serve as thought leaders for the Mobile for Development sector through analysis that is presented on the site, in publications, and presentations throughout the world.
About This Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional project manager, passionate about using mobile technologies to drive social and economic inclusion in the developing world.
We are looking for an experienced manager to manage the day to day activities of the M4D IMPACT team and report to internal and external stakeholders including donors.
Manage the donor and other reporting requirement, including:
- Determine reporting requirements for donors (through detailed review of each M4D IMPACT’s grant contracts), and develop streamlined reporting processes and templates for regular programmatic and financial reporting to donors
- Create a M4D IMPACT reporting calendar, for what reports need to be produced for whom, and by when
- Establish and embed processes within M4D IMPACT’s operation to effectively track progress against key milestones, as well as expenditure, for each donor’s grant
- Complete progress reports to satisfy each donor’s requirements, gathering input from the M4D IMPACT team, working across GSMA mutual and foundation finance and human resource departments to gather all relevant information, and internal sign-off from the M4D IMPACT Senior Manager
- Complete internal progress reports for M4D IMPACT, e.g. as input into GSMA Foundation Board meetings
- Set up appropriate processes by which the M4D IMPACT programme can be managed, including:
- Support the M4D IMPACT Senior Manager to develop and implement appropriate governance structures for the M4D IMPACT Programme, as well as a Terms of Reference for the M4D IMPACT Steering Committee (including objectives, attendees, frequency of meetings, etc.)
- Work with GSMA Foundation’s accountant to develop a streamlined approach to financial forecasting for future grant years
- Plan the programme of work, working closely with M4D IMPACT team members and other internal and external resources, to ensure the programme is aligned with donor requirements and M4D IMPACT’s strategy.
- Matrix-manage the M4D IMPACT team in terms of day to day deliverables, with responsibility for ensuring that the M4D IMPACT team is on track to deliver against donor and internal objectives
- Assess and monitor programme risks and develop appropriate responses
- Facilitate issue resolution, escalating major issues in a timely manner
Support the M4D IMPACT team in other activities as and when needed such as:
- Develop tollgates / applications for internal GSMA funding if required
- Project Manage the planning and logistics for M4D IMPACT events, e.g. Advisory Group Meetings, Steering Committee meetings, M4D Summit, VAS Managers meetings, Webinars, etc. This will entail working closely with the marketing team as well as the M4D IMPACT team.
- Manage M4D IMPACT database of contacts (business cards, Salesforce, etc.)
- Conduct the financial administration for M4D IMPACT, such as processing Purchase Orders, invoices, auditing team expenses for compliance, and tracking timesheets.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Experience of working successfully across functional areas (e.g. finance, marketing, legal, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills, both written & verbal
- A proven track record of providing high quality reporting on programme performance to a variety of senior stakeholders
- Consultative working style coupled with the confidence to challenge
- Highly motivated and proactive, demonstrating a “can do” attitude, and eager to identify and suggest ways of improving existing processes
- Very conscientious, sets high personal standards and shows excellent attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in the escalation of issues and the formulation of solutions
- Highly professional, comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders, including C- level executives
- A team player, able to build relationships and work effectively with colleagues in remote locations
- Excellent cultural awareness, and willingness to engage with M4D IMPACT’s stakeholders from around the world
- Excellent coordination skills and experience tracking and reporting on multiple budget lines
- Experience of working with donor organisations is highly desirable
- Interest in the application of mobile technology for social impact
- A project management qualification, such as Prince II is highly desirable
Please apply with covering letter and CV to - email@example.com
Please mention Escape the City when applying.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.