GSMA Mobile for Development
GSMA Mobile for Development
Uniting the mobile industry & development community to drive commercial services for underserved people. Mobile for Development Intelligence is an entrepreneurial group dedicated to leveraging mobile technology for good in the developing world.
London, United Kingdom
10 Mar 2014
Opportunity has expired
Community Insights Manager (1 year contract)
Seeking a dynamic and ambitious individual with superb analytical skills and a passion for social and economic development.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The GSMA represents the interests of the worldwide mobile operator community. Spanning 219 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world's mobile operators as its members, as well as linking them with more than 200 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem (including; handset makers, software companies, equipment providers, Internet companies, and media and entertainment organizations). The GSMA is focused on innovating, incubating and creating new opportunities for its membership, all with the end goal of driving the growth of the mobile communications sector and the role of operators within it. In addition, we work with Governments, regulators and NGO’s to develop the social and economic value of mobile on a country, region and global basis. Finally we operate and produce the world leading Mobile World Congress and its sister events.
About Mobile for Development
Part of GSMA, Mobile for Development is an entrepreneurial group dedicated to leveraging mobile technology for good in the developing world.
About M4D Impact
About The Role
We are seeking a dynamic and ambitious individual with superb analytical skills and a passion for social and economic development to lead on Community Insights.
GSMA – M4D IMPACT Community Insights Manager
- To manage the administration of the community and marketing activities, including event planning, contacts databases and event calendars
- To coordinate and contribute to social media and online discussions
- To coordinate, collect and analyse feedback and website user analytics
- To contribute to the development and execution of internal knowledge sharing activities
- Input and support into the M4D IMPACT research agenda.
- Work across M4D programme teams, alongside GSMAi analyst team, Strategy, and with the Government and Regulatory Affairs team to leverage their experience and understand their research priorities.
- Create reports, case studies, and analytical articles based on both quantitative and qualitative analysis within assigned M4D topic areas.
- Support the M4D IMPACT team in managing external research grants.
- Actively research for additional organisations, products, and services that should be captured by M4D IMPACT.
- Support the tagging of research, organisations, products, and services within M4D IMPACT. Create both written and visual analysis of the data on organisations captured in M4D IMPACT.
- Ad hoc support on the quantitative data updates and quality control alongside the platform team.
- Creation and management of a tracking, assignment, and response system to address all M4D IMPACT feedback and questions submit through the platform.
- Development of M4D IMPACT programme success measures and tracking system.
Criteria for Selection
- Good communicator
- Strong in attention to detail, especially event planning, data analysis and written communication
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-moving environment
- Experience within the consulting, international development, and/or technology sectors
- Proven ability to implement tasks for a highly complex programme, spanning international, political and technological work streams
- Experience of working on programmes based in developing markets is desirable
- Excellent and demonstrable analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience with knowledge management and diffusion of knowledge, new approaches, and tools
- Cross industry experience desirable: mobile, development, NGO, political
- A self-starter; highly motivated to develop the programme and drive it through to completion
- Highly consultative with a demonstrable ability to translate customer problems/requirements into team-led research and analysis projects
Please apply with CV and covering letter to - email@example.com
Please mention Escape the City when applying.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.