GULUDO is social enterprise in Mozambique, using tourism to relieve poverty, sustainably. We have Guludo Beach Lodge, a boutique eco-resort that creates economic opportunities, and Nema Foundation, running projects with local communities. We're won many responsible tourism awards but the journey's still just beginning and we're always looking for passionate individuals to join us.
14 Dec 2013
Opportunity has expired
Seeking a passionate, hardworking and organised individual to manager our grassroots projects in Mozambique
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
This is a great opportunity to gain relevant work experience in the development sector, see and understand how a social enterprise works on the ground while being part of an exciting approach to local development.
You would based in Mozambique in the beautiful Quirimbas National Park and be part of an exciting social enterprise using tourism to promote local development.
GULUDO, the social enterprise, encompasses Guludo Beach Lodge (a stunning eco-resort) and Nema Foundation (implementing projects) together contributing to sustainable development in this area of Northern Mozambique.The role involves overseeing all our projects in the local communities and being a member of the GULUDO team, helping in any area of the social enterprise.
- People Management: Managing a team of 8 full-time Mozambican staff, occasional volunteers and over 100 community volunteers
- Project Management: Implementing education, health, agriculture, water and enterprise projects on the ground via local staff and community volunteers
- Financial Management: managing budgets, recording income & expenditure, tracking donations, ensuring good cash-flow
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Checking on project progress and reporting findings back to donors and Trustees
- Logistics: Procuring supplies, running workshops, meeting with contractors, dealing with banking, legal and customs
- Fundraising: Securing new funding from a range of donors, including companies, individuals, and not-for-profit organisations
- Prior experience in International Development
- Prior experience of living and working in a developing country
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills: prioritising workload, multi-tasking, the ability to be adaptable and flexible in a challenging environment
- A good and patient communicator who can build professional relations and interact with a range of audiences, including local communities, local government, and other NGOs
- A motivated self-starter who can lead on new initiatives and projects
- A problem-solver who can make tough decisions and find solutions to difficult problems
- Excellent IT skills; Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- A good grasp of English and Portuguese. Swahili and Spanish would also be an asset
- Full driving license
The successful candidate must cover the cost of their visa and transportation to and from Pemba, Mozambique. We provide full-board and accommodation.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.