Win Back Our WorkIf you’re a London licensed taxi driver, Hailo is exclusively for you.Co-founded by three cabbies, you’ll find more jobs through our network.We’re TfL-approved too.
London, United Kingdom
21 May 2013
Opportunity has expired
Global Head of CRM
Join a fun, global team of top engineers, seasoned entrepreneurs, and taxi drivers for the adventure of a lifetime.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We're changing personal transportation, making people’s lives easier, and opening up a multi-billion dollar market in the process. We’ve built a massive following in London, Dublin, Toronto, Chicago and Boston, with both drivers and passengers thrilled to finally have a great experience with cabs.
This is an excellent opportunity to join and shape one of the world’s hottest mobile startups at a time of extraordinary growth and opportunity. Help us use a wealth of data and tools to increase engagement and substantially improve the performance of our passenger and driver networks.
The Head of CRM owns the CRM function across Hailo’s global network (ten cities from Toronto to Tokyo). This will include masterminding and executing strategies to increase engagement and excitement on the part of both passengers and drivers. You’ll help break new ground in a mobile-first commerce network.
- Reporting to VP Marketing, this person will have broad authority and support to build a significant and effective CRM team and engine within Hailo
- This person will direct strategy and rollout of best practice CRM for driver and passenger audiences worldwide. This will include:
- Owning and defining overall companyCRM strategy, getting input and buy-in from senior stakeholders
- Creating and leading the approach toloyalty and recognition i.e. moving both driver and passenger customers along the loyalty ladder, deepening relationships, building engagement, encouraging advocacy and maximizing retention
- CRM systems ownership. Work with our in-house engineering and product teams to ensure our core CRM and data analysis tools (Salesforce, Qlikview + Integrations) can support the CRM strategy
- Campaign operations. Steer practical execution of activity and campaigns across multiple channels (inc. email, SMS, in-app, push notifications) whether triggered, planned or ad hoc, working with city marketing teams worldwide
- Data and insights
i. Set KPIs and create clear, actionable reports to enable continuous improvement of effectiveness
ii. Uncover useful data-driven insights
iii. Own or oversee driver/passenger data ownership, including augmentation and cleaning
iv. Recommend segmentation and create customer personas
v. Work with ops colleagues to ensure appropriate processes regarding data protection, compliance and privacy
Skills and Experience
- Gravitas and seniority to lead the CRM program across international and functional boundaries
- 7-10 years in a significant CRM role, client or agency side; demonstrable experience of having set- up/significantly grown the CRM component of an organization
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce and the technical elements of CRM
- Experience working and travelling internationally, especially US /Canada/UK/ Europe. Experience working in Asia prized
- Proven ability to build and manage a team (of at least five)
- Experience of CRM channels across mobile app, web, email and SMS
- Data-led and analytical, but can ‘translate’ to people of all levels and backgrounds
- Can switch between strategic and operational; comfortable in a fast-growing, start-up environment. Definite ‘can do’ attitude; grown-up, but not ‘corporate’
- First-class degree from a top University. MBA or advanced degree preferred
This is a global role with responsibilities and travel required across Hailo’s network, especially North America and Europe. The role requires significant on-site presence at our London office for at least six months, but ultimately may be based at other Hailo locations especially NYC. Someone who enjoys travelling and interacting with people in diverse cultures will be a great fit.
Hailo is the evolution of the hail - a free smartphone app which puts people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and lets cabbies get more passengers when they want them.
A Hailo hail is accepted around the world every four seconds from Hailo’s global network of tens of thousands of drivers and half a million passengers. Launched in November 2011, Hailo is available inLondon, Dublin, Toronto, Chicago and Boston - and coming next to New York, Tokyo, Washington DC, Cork, Madrid and Barcelona. Hailo has carried five million passengers and grown to annualized sales of over $100M.
Founded by three taxi drivers and three internet entrepreneurs, Hailo has raised over $50M from the best investors anywhere, including Union Square Ventures, Accel Partners, Wellington Partners, Atomico Ventures, Sir Richard Branson, and Janice, our CEO's mother.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.