Headspace are a fast growing, fast moving social enterprise with the mission to make meditation simple and relevant to modern life. Delivered by guided meditations on our app and online, we make me...
Los Angeles, United States
14 May 2013
Opportunity has expired
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING MANAGER - LOS ANGELES OFFICE
A great opportunity for a top-notch grad who wants to get involved with our community management and online social media.
Los Angeles, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We are a lifestyle brand. Here at Headspace we're on a mission to get as many people in the world as possible to take 10 minutes out of their day, to practice a simple and easy-to-learn meditation technique. We offer tools that include conferences, books and our ground breaking mobile subscription service (personal and group based). Our goal is to train subscribers to make meditation a life-long skill.
This is meditation for modern life – simple, scientifically proven techniques, that you can use every day to experience a healthier and happier mind.SUMMARY
This role will lead our social media marketing initiatives, based in Los Angeles. The individual will work closely with the founders to develop an online presence to market our services and drive traffic to the following Headspace products:
· Online Subscriptions
· Content development
· Corporate programs (a combination of the above)
All marketing activities will enable the goal of creating a world-class content creation and lifestyle brand.CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR YOUR ROLE INCLUDE:
· Belief in the power of meditation and the Headspace product. Exemplify passion for the Company by embracing and modeling Headspace’s guiding principles
· Social media expert – a deep knowledge of major social networks and successful marketing techniques
· Forward Thinking – challenges self and team
· Team Collaboration - create a collaborative working environment where the notion of “team” comes before disciplineTHE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS ARE SPECIFIC TO YOUR ROLE:
· Become an expert on the uses and benefits of our products
· Ideation – lead the company’s efforts in social media marketing solutions, including developing and maintaining the Headspace community.
· Use your marketing expertise to position Headspace consistently as the leading meditation brand
· Develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy to support the brand’s lead generation and sales goals
Represent Headspace at industry conferences. Assist in planning and coordinating Headspace events produced for our corporate clients.
· Develop strong relationships BOTH internally and externally.
o Internal Relationships that: Improve collaboration, create chemistry and stimulate marketing that works
o External Relationships that: Establish an environment of trust and respect and facilitate solutions for a wide array of customers.
· Stay abreast of client business/current issues and social media marketplace trends
· Ability to create a strong connection with the UK team as well as the US and UK PR agencies to make sure marketing strategies are aligned.PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
· Model Headspace principles
· Has demonstrated success in early stages of career
· Articulate with strong presentation skills
· Energetic, Charismatic, Knowledgeable, Approachable
· Fit for fast-growing environment - must be a self-starter with excellent problem- solving skills, able to take on challenges and creatively deliver results in an unstructured environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Must be flexible and resourceful, able to respond to diverse workloads/schedules while achieving the highest quality standards
· Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task while working independently in a fast paced environment.
If this all sounds up your street, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please just send a ‘bit about yourself’ and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the US.
We'll aim to get back to successful applicants as soon as possible. Thanks!
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.