Helicopter Horizons is a bespoke helicopter charter company operating within the top end tourist sector of Northern Botswana. We do scenic flights, private champagne flights, and explore remote areas reachable only by helicopter.
We are looking for a young, bright student to help drive the company forward by getting our message out there through social media etc. The candidate will help expand our business through sales and marketing activity. This will include e-marketing, social media activity as well as website promotions. You will be working with a fun expatriate team of professional pilots and office staff.
You will be working in the following areas:
1.Developing media marketing: website ideas, emails, Facebook, twitter etc.
2.Meeting and selling our product to new clients
3. Flying in helicopters to remote tourist lodges
4. Helping out in photo shoots for the company
5. Driving fuel out in 4x4's for the fleet of helicopters to remote areas. (We will teach you this)
6. 70% office 30% in the field
7. Daily updates of social media platforms
8. Communicate exciting social media news
9. Put together bi-monthly newsletter
10. Answer clients’ questions on social media platforms
11. Internet research to find and engage with social media communications
12. Update our website, as needed
13. Track website statistics
We are looking for a self-starter who is creative and can work without supervision. Someone who is keen to travel and see this unique part of Africa. We would like to give the person free reins to think out the box and help find new ways to expose our exiting product.
We would expect the candidate to pay his/her own way out here. We would then provide a company car and a house along with a basic salary which will cover all your living expenses. There will be opportunities to travel the region as well as going on safari in some of the most pristine wildlife areas. The applicant would ned to come out in March/April 2013 for 3 months.
Why are we exciting?
We are a young dynamic company using the most amazing vehicle (a helicopter) to experience some of the most prestine lanscapes and wildlife on the planet. It is a very difficult to understanding this experience without actually flying yourself. With great pictures, video and story telling it can be done!