If you are in the regular or reserve Armed Forces, serving or retired, and you're considering becoming an entrepreneur, this event is for you.
Presented by Ben Brabyn, a former Royal Marine who has created 3 businesses and Stuart Nicol, a former Argyll and Sutherland Highlander who has invested over £120m of Venture Capital, this toolkit provides service leavers with what they need to convert their training, experience and skills to the world of commercial entrepreneurship.
The course includes:
- A life of Death or Glory! Is entrepreneurship right for you?
- Common pitfalls for service leavers. Improving your odds of success.
- Networking beyond the military. Returning from the lost tribe.
- Reconnaisance. Getting to know your market and customers.
- Cashflow and funds. Money makes this world go round.
- Getting on with it! Life is short.
We will also be providing a range of links to further resources, tips on LinkedIn, social media and introductions to resources such as the British Library Business and IP Centre. Attendees will also receive membership (normally costing £50) of Heropreneurs, a charity which enables ex military entrepreneurs with mentoring, events and networking.
Stuart Nicol is a trustee of Heropreneurs and Ben Brabyn is a mentor.