HouseTrip.com is Europe’s largest holiday apartment booking website. The concept is simple: when taking a trip, anyone can book a whole apartment or villa for the price of a hotel room. HouseTrip is easy and safe. Easy because guests book an apartment like they’d book a hotel, online and with a credit card.Safe because HouseTrip is scam-free, letting guests pay securely at the time of bo
London, United Kingdom
21 Feb 2013
Opportunity has expired
Product Manager – E-commerce
We’re currently looking for an exceptional Product Manager who’s after a career-defining role in what Wired Magazine ranked the number two start-up in Europe (2012).
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
HouseTrip is Europe’s largest holiday rental booking website with over 1.5 million visits from unique visitors every month and thousands of transactions
HouseTrip’s product management team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that simplify the renting out and booking of holiday rentals. Our Guests & Hosts are firmly at the centre of our marketplace and their needs drive our user-centric approach to product development.
Reporting to the CEO, you will bridge technical and business worlds as you continually deliver product and then zoom out to assess whether the business impact of what you have developed was as expected. You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at great speed.
• Launch products
• Break down high-level product challenges into product vision and strategy
• Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
• Develop new products and enhance existing products
• Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as assist product-wise throughout execution
• Engage closely with the design team to translate your wireframes into awesome graphic designs
Required skills and experience
• E-commerce or marketplace experience is a MUST
• 2 years + of hands-on product management experience
• Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrable experience gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed functional specifications, preferably in an Agile Environment
• Familiarity with web-based product development including data organisation, and performance optimisation
• A proven track record of delivering and operating complex yet scalable Internet software systems
• Strong experience with AB testing and/or multivariate testing
• Entrepreneurial drive with appreciation of user-experience, business, and commercial issues
• Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency in your work
• Fluent in English (essential)
· Computer Science/ Math degree with strong academic record will be an asset
• Solid communication skills
• Embraces simplicity
• Exacting attention to detail
• Bring high levels of energy and enthusiasm
• Self motivated
• Embraces innovation and change - open to new ideas
Why should you join us?
• Be part of something BIG. We’re a fast-growing, human-sized, well-funded Internet Business, where the opportunities for growth and personal development are vast.
• Join a data-driven environment which empowers its staff to execute.
· Have an impact on a booming business, where you can make a real difference and be part of our success story.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.