HouseTrip’s product management team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that simplify the renting out and booking of holiday rentals, as well as optimising the market reach.
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll bridge technical and business worlds with internal stakeholders as you design technologies, develop them together with our engineers, and then zoom out to assess whether the business impact of what you have developed was as expected. You have a strong bias for business processes and you can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at great speed.
You will focus on HouseTrip’s operations, i.e. on business processes and tools that make it easier and more efficient for the HouseTrip team to execute and scale. It covers:
- Affiliate platforms (productise and scale)
- Supply hub (synchronise inventory from agencies via feeds and APIs)
- Finance & payment systems
- Booking processing, customer care, host account management systems (including quality control and fraud detection)
- SEO/SEM features and tools (in collaboration with our highly skilled SEO/SEM team)
- Break down high level process and growth challenges into system vision and strategy
- Understand business processes and gather system requirements from internal stake holders
- Develop new systems and tools and enhance existing ones
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as assist throughout execution
- Ensure correctness and quality of systems
- Launch systems and tools, communicate with internal stake holders
Required skills and experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong experience with business process analysis and optimisation
- Ideally 2 years + of hands-on product management experience
- Entrepreneurial drive with appreciation of user-experience, business, and commercial issues
- Comfortable working in agile teams
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency
- Fluent in English (essential)
- Computer Science/Maths degree with strong academic record
- Previous product management experience for an internet marketplace
- Strong communication skills
- Embraces simplicity
- Down to earth
- Exacting attention to detail
- Passionate - bring high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Self motivated and dependable
- Embraces innovation and change and is open to new ideas
Why should you join us?
- Be part of something BIG. We’re a fast-growing, human-sized, well-funded Internet Business, where the opportunities for growth and personal development are vast.
- HouseTrip is Europe’s largest holiday rental booking website with over 1.5 million visits from unique visitors every month and thousands of transactions
- Join a data-driven environment which empowers its staff to execute.
- Have an impact on a booming business, where you can make a real difference and be part of our success story.