London needs a make laboratory for changemakers to take ideas from action to impact. Launched in October 2011 on Pall Mall in London, Hub Westminster provides access to investment, space, programming and a global peer network hosted to foster collaborative practices and learning opportunities.You're invited.
London, United Kingdom
8 Mar 2013
Opportunity has expired
Competitive and dependent on experience
Director of Programmes & Community - Hub Westminster
This is an exciting new role joining the senior leadership team of Hub Westminster, helping to shape the organisations direction and its community
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
Competitive and dependent on experience
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Launched in October 2011, Hub Westminster is the newest addition to the Hub London family and part of a global network of more than 35 Hubs. We provide a 12.000 sq. ft. platform for collaborating, connecting, making and learning for more than 450 members in a wide array of sectors, but united by a dedication to values-driven enterprises and social innovation. In short, people who are actively contributing to good business and helping to develop successful and sustainable business models.
Hub Westminster has successfully grown its community to 450 members throughout its first 16 months of operation. Focus is now shifting towards refining and improving the services and benefits available to the membership base so as to increase their likelihood of success, and therefore increase the social and environmental impact associated with their operations.
We are therefore looking for an extraordinary Director of Programmes & Community to lead on the development of a series of programmes with the aim of up-skilling and supporting our members in growing their impact ventures by helping them accelerate their learning, meet great talent and connect with new collaborators. The Director of Programmes & Community will also be responsible for attracting new members, developing strategic partnerships, and increasing the social impact of the Hub locally in the City of Westminster.
As our Director of Programmes & Community you will be shaping and directing internally-programmed events as well as the learning and resource programmes of the Hub. You will be joining the senior leadership team and will be helping to shape Hub Westminster’s direction and its community. Furthermore, you will be curating member engagement and ensuring that the member and wider community are provided with continuous opportunities for acquiring new knowledge, skills and resources in a creative and inspiring manner. This includes:
Hub Westminster is constantly seeking to deliver value to its membership base, so as to drastically increase the likelihood of their success. This aspect of the role includes:
- Identifying key areas of focus for learning and support for members,
- Developing and implementing member programmes, including but not limited to, lecture series,workshops, networking events,
- Showcasing the work of members to internal and external audiences
- Developing and maintaining relationships with programme partners and collaborators,
- Developing and improving the resources and tools available to members,
- Support the Marketing, PR & Communications function to ensure relevant content is captured and broadcast to the appropriate channels,
- Improving and expanding learning and research infrastructures, including the Hub Library,
- Fostering an environment conducive to collaboration and peer-to-peer learning,
- Training and supporting our Community Manager in curating our member community,
Events are a core component of the Hub Westminster business model. The content of all events held should be a reflection of the Communities of Practice (CoP’s) represented by our membership base. This aspect of the role therefore includes:
- Identifying key areas of focus for internally-programmed events,
- Working with the membership community to crowd-source event ideas and content
- Developing and writing internally-programmed events content,
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external content providers,
- Advising the events team on the direction and focus of all events content.
Hub Westminster believes strongly in the importance of delivering social and environmental impact both locally and globally. You will be the main lead on increasing the social impact of the Hub within the local community of Westminster and beyond. This includes:
- Developing and improving our strategy for delivering and assessing social impact,
- Developing partnerships with local community and educational organisations,
- Engaging in strategic partnerships with universities and research organisations and overseeing the development of our Educational Outreach Programme,
- Developing community outreach programmes that will draw local people and businesses to the Hub – especially focusing on local schools and universities,
- Develop local partnerships, especially with focus on the North West Economic Development Area (NWEDA), and proactively outreach to entrepreneurs or intending entrepreneurs resident in this area.
You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director and the Board of Directors.
Most importantly, we are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Director of Programmes & Community who connects with the aspirations of the Hub, its membership and the wider community. You will be passionate about local community engagement, social entrepreneurship and developing new learning programmes as well as supporting our members and partners in producing theirs.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a deep knowledge of the social economy and what drives it,
- Has at least 7 years’ experience in project management and implementation in the social economy sector,
- Has successfully designed and run learning programmes based on supporting business development, innovation and collaboration,
- Has strong connections within the business support and social enterprise sectors
- Has solid community outreach and engagement experience,
- Has exceptional research and writing skills,
- Is media savvy and is able to use a plethora of channels to host conversations,
- Is passionate about creating cutting edge social innovation infrastructures that accelerate learning and collaboration.
This is a full time position. The salary will be competitive and dependent on experience.
Applications containing a cover letter and CV can be sent to Alex Soskin (email@example.com) with the subject title: ‘Director of Programmes and Community’. Please limit attachments to pdf and word formats.
DEADLINE for applications is 29th March, with interviews and tasks scheduled for the following week.
Our Director of Programmes and Community is expected to start before the end of April.
You can read more about Hub Westminster and The Hub at www.hubwestminster.net and www.the-hub.net
If you have any further questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Alex Soskin via telephone: Landline: +44 207148 6720 or Mobile: +447905893866.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.