iFLIP4 is a brand and a network for people who care. Our brand, called The Charitable Brand, donates half of its profits to the charity of your choice. Our network is the place you go to learn abou...
East Hanover, United States
14 Dec 2012
Opportunity has expired
Full Stack Developer for Revolutionary Social Enterprise
Entrepreneurial, visionary, developer to change the world
East Hanover, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We want to change the world. We’re a team of fast-executing social entrepreneurs on a mission to build the future of social change. We’ve bootstrapped our development so far, but we’ve gotten to a critical point in our growth where we want to take on a technical lead. This is an opportunity to shape the company’s tech culture and design the technical foundation for a large-scale, cross-platform application.
We’re not looking for someone to do busy work or implement another Rails app. We are searching for an outstanding full-stack developer to join our founding team as the lead of our growing technical staff.
We don’t want a code monkey; we don’t want someone to say yes and implement every feature we ask for. What we want is a partner. Someone to bounce ideas off of, someone with a vision for the future of our company, and someone who has the desire and drive to make it a reality.
- Design & Typography Background - Should be ready to shape the look & feel of the brand as well as the glue that keeps it all together
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining templates, using add-ons, and optimizing for efficient and reliable performance
- PHP (5+, OO PHP), and MySQL/SQL Database Experience (LAMP stack)
- CSS (LESS/SASS is a plus), Webfonts
- Git, software engineering best practices (TDD, Scrum? You decide!)
- You care as much about UX/UI as you do about O() and normalizing DBs
- Familiar with A/B testing, analytics, and pivoting quickly
- Expert in ExpressionEngine CMS Platform (codeignitor experience a plus)
- Sysadmin/Scaling experience (site is Rackspace hosted)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or similar preferred
iFLIP4 is a brand and a network for people who care. Our brand, called The Charitable Brand, donates half of its profits to the charity of your choice. Our network is the place you go to learn about the issues that plague our planet, and to discover the solutions to them. iFLIP4 educates. It inspires. It empowers, all in the name of the world’s greatest causes--and the best part: it’s driven by you.
Pre-launch, we have been featured in the New York Post and the Brown Daily Herald. We are also the recipients of the C.V. Starr Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship, and we have received $60k in seed funding.
We have iFLIP4 Ambassadors (campus representatives) on 40 college and high school campuses in the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Time and Pay:
This is primarily an equity position, with a negotiable stipend to start. We’re looking for a long-term partner and engineering lead; this position will grow with iFLIP4. We are located in East Hanover, NJ.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.