This is your opportunity to experience and help organize first-hand the ideas, cases, and players who are shaping today’s and tomorrow’s world of sustainable capitalism.
The Event Management Intern reports directly to the responsible for the planning and implementation of the Impact Economy Symposium and Retreat, to be held this year for the third time since 2011 (see a trailer at
Highlights of past and 2013 Symposium speakers include Creator of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index & Managing Partner at Zouk Ventures, Europe’s largest cleantech fund Alois Flatz. The former Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger and his organization R20-Regions of Climate Action. Tech guru Francis J. Brochon who developed the minitel and brought digital television to Europe. Founder of Accenture Development Partnerships Gib Bulloch, and elea Foundation for Ethics in Globalization Founder and former CEO of UBS Peter Wuffli. The 2011 and 2012 events were conducted as Clinton Global Initiative membership activities.
The intern will work together with the Impact Economy team in creating a dynamic, interactive and content-focused exclusive three-day event for investors and business leaders held to help build an economy where “impact” is the common denominator. Post-event, the intern will assist with follow-up and communication.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong English skills (additional languages a plus);
- Previous experience in organizing events recommended;
- Ability to execute specific work streams fairly independently when properly guided, paired with the willingness to operate as a team player;
- Completed higher education (Bachelor degree minimum), and;
- Interest in future global and economic trends, (impact) investing & philanthropy, or social entrepreneurship and sustainability.