Impact Network International, Inc.
Impact Network International, Inc.
Impact Network is piloting the first eSchools in rural Zambia. The eSchool 360 provides students a quality education for just $3 a month and empowers teachers and students with technology tools to create interactive classrooms using a "learning by doing" approach to education. www.impactnetwork.org
4 Feb 2014
Opportunity has expired
Start next week! Program Implementation Volunteer
Volunteer at ICT Primary Schools in Zambia.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Impact Network has an opening for a volunteer to live at one of our schools in rural Zambia for 2 months starting immediately. Volunteers play a significant role in providing communication between our Zambia and New York offices as well as program implementation and logistical support for the team in Zambia.
Ideal candidates have prior travel experience, a background in international development and/or education, and excellent communication skills.
What you will do:
Program Implementation volunteers act as a communication bridge between our executive team and on-the-ground operations in Zambia. Responsibilities will include:
- Daily observational reports emailed to our executive team
- Identification of problem areas, and contributing to brainstorming of solutions with executive team and Zambian staff
- Seeing that the chosen solutions are implemented properly by the Zambian staff
- Meeting and communicating with our Zambian partners and vendors
- Working with Zambian teacher supervisors and executive team to implement teacher training sessions on e-learning and education pedagogy
- This role is extremely challenging and will be an IMMENSELY rewarding learning experience for the right person.
Qualities of a good candidate:
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both verbal and written
- Seasoned / open-minded traveler, respectful and understanding of cultural differences
- Prior experience in development work, Africa and/or Zambia preferred
- A relevant educational background
- Experience and interest in education, technology, or both
The challenge, should you choose to accept:
Most challenging of all is living in rural Zambia for two months. No running water, minimal electric, minimal internet, same basic food every day, minimal entertainment. You will be sleeping in a bed and good meals will be provided. MUCH more information on this aspect of the position is available for interested applicants.
Volunteers are housed at the Zambia headquarters near Katete in Eastern Province. The experience includes meals, laundry, and general assistance provided by our Regional Director and his family. Volunteers are also encouraged to take approved time off to travel in Zambia and neighboring countries.
The position may qualify as an internship for school credit. Start and end dates are flexible.
For more information and to apply to the position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.