Oliver + Olivia is an early stage start-up company focused on the sourcing and distribution of products in both developed and emerging markets through our innovative sales platform. Oliver+Olivia specializes in infant wear.
We are recruiting a hardworking, self-motivated and independent individual to help with research and analysis to help build and grow Oliver+Olivia. The hours are flexible, and the candidate is not required to work from the office at any given times unless specifically asked. The candidate will need a computer and access to the internet. We will not waste your time with mundane tasks like photocopying and coffee fetching but you MUST be prepared to work.
The internship is not paid but travel expenses will be covered. Interns who prove themselves will be considered for full-time employment.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Able to work independently with initiative to achieve a fluid set of tasks without micro-management
- “Can-do” attitude to deal with unforeseen issues that may arise in the normal course of business
- Willingness to contribute to the project
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other ability to learn to use a basic range of software
- Strong written and communication skills (English)
- Detail oriented and well-organised
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Sound research and analytical skills
- Conversational fluency in other languages
- Interest in women’s issues and/or emerging markets