JustGiving is the world’s leading platform for charity giving. Our mission is to connect all of the world’s causes with givers who care, from hyper-local community projects to major international c...
London, United Kingdom
29 Aug 2012
Opportunity has expired
Head of People
Looking for a bright, passionate & pragmatic Head of People to support our organisation and culture.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
As Head of People, you’ll be primarily responsible for building and implementing a People strategy that supports the successful execution of our business vision. You’ll work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and have appropriate People resource to enable you. We’ll expect you to own and shape this role, but in summary you will:
- Be the ambassador, both internally and externally, for our culture. Your top priority will be ensuring that we stay true to our values as we grow. You’ll ensure we recruit ‘people of the right fit’ across all global locations and that all other People processes are aligned to our culture and encourage everyone to behave in the JustGiving way;
- Build upon a culture of learning across the group, establishing where there are gaps in knowledge and skills across people at all levels of the business and designing appropriate learning solutions to bridge those gaps from in-house academies, to partnering with external training providers to ad-hoc coaching;
- Ensure the entire spectrum of People activities from Recruitment, to Performance Management to Reward are fit-for-purpose to meet the demands of a fast-paced, results oriented organisation. We are pioneers in what we do, and you will be expected to provide innovative, light-touch solutions to the challenges the business presents as we grow;
- Rigorously monitor the impact and effectiveness of all People activities to ensure they are adding true value to the business and continually improve upon what’s in place to make it even better;
- Ensure we are delivering an enjoyable employee experience that attracts, grows, retains top talent;
- Ensure we always act fairly and, where relevant, compassionately, in all our conventional Employee Relations activities.
This is a significant role which sits at the heart of our growth plans. You’ll have a special blend of skills and experience and we’ll know when we’ve found you. As a start, you’ll definitely have/be:
- Demonstrable experience of working for a fast-paced, results-oriented organisation in a People leadership position. You’ve experienced the growth pains of an organisation and you know how to support them from a HR perspective. Ideally you’ve worked in a technology organisation so you get the nuances, language and challenges you’ll be immersed in and you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
- Stellar academics in a People related discipline e.g. HR or Psychology, ideally to post-graduate level.
- A passion for, and a deep understanding of, people. They truly fascinate you and you thrive on the complex challenges they throw your way. You’ll instinctively be able to get to the heart of a people-related issue and you’ll have the emotional intelligence to get the best out of people.
- Compassionate but firm – you’re approachable and willing to listen, but you balance that with being honest and solution focused. Your starting point is always to see the good in people but ‘tears and tissues’ is not you – your support comes in the tough love variety.
- An exceptional ability to juggle multiple projects and activities at once and to adapt your style to be strategic one moment and roll your sleeves up the next. You are ruthlessly effective in where you spend your time so you add real value.
- Insatiable drive and self-motivation, you work at your best with minimal guidance to achieve outstanding results. You know what you need to do and you get on with it – keeping people updated on the way
- You can effortlessly bring structure and order to ambiguity, and you make HR accessible and simple for everyone
- Bags of resilience – you can bounce back easily from a tough day and can help others to do the same
- A natural ability to collaborate effectively with others at all levels to get a job done
- Ability to make fair but pragmatic People decisions. You avoid unnecessary bureaucracy and process to make speedy, well-considered decisions that are sensible for the business and ensure fair treatment of people is non-negotiable
- You recognise the value of process where necessary but you are not process driven;
In return for everything that you can bring, we pay competitive market rates and will offer you as much responsibility as you are ready to handle in a fast-paced, growing business that’s part of something bigger, with plenty of opportunities to learn – and of course enjoy it at the same time.
Are you the one we are looking for?
If this sounds like you, please send your CV, together with a covering letter describing why you think you are the right person for us to our People Team at email@example.com
We embrace diversity in our applicant’s backgrounds. The successful applicant will have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.