JustGiving is the world’s leading platform for charity giving. Our mission is to connect all of the world’s causes with givers who care, from hyper-local community projects to major international c...
Central London, United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012
Opportunity has expired
up to £75k
Strategy and Marketing Business Analyst
Come and join our team at the heart of the business where analysis and insights are central to all company decisions.
Central London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
up to £75k
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
JustGiving, the UK’s leading online fundraising platform, is seeking a strategic business/marketing analyst to join our analytics team. The role is a pivotal one at the heart of the business where analysis and insights are central to all company decisions.
Data has increasingly grown in importance for all organisations and where it is being used properly, it is able to contribute in a highly beneficial way to business. We are creating a new team with a unique blend of skills that can both unlock insights and tell a fantastic and incredibly useful story via the data. Our aim is toblend math, algorithms, and an understanding of human behaviour to build a superior understanding of our customers and the overall business.
For this role we need our analysts to have key qualities such as creativity, tenacity, curiosity, plus deep technical skills. These skills will be used in data gathering, data mining and visualization to help make data driven decisions and conceive and create data driven products.
As a new and growing team within the organisation, this role will also be critical in ensuring theoperational effectiveness and excellence of the team by evangelising the use and value of data to both internal and external stakeholders. We expect our strategic analyst to provideguidance, counsel, training and quality assurance to our leadership team and other stakeholders with insights into ways to address business needs and creative solutions for business and technology problems.
This is a full-time, permanent role based in central London.
About the role
Here are the areas and initiatives you will be responsible for:
- Investment appraisal: analysis of return on marketing investment; producing business cases and forecasts (e.g. to support product or business development case)
- Product performance and evaluation reporting (eg. ROI of Facebook integration)
- Customer value analysis and segmentation
- Market data & insight generation(define assumptions, validation, etc)
- Competitive intelligence
- Requirements gathering: elicit requirements for the business information data and reporting needs; liaison between the business community and data development team.
- Building relationships with external stakeholders
- Creating a working community of experts in the field
- Working closely with account executives, to gather, monitor and analyse performance data and ongoing strategy
- Degree level qualification
- Advanced mastery of Excel (Level 3, pivot table and large data sets)
- Presentation & influencing skills (PowerPoint, producing reports)
- Experience of measuring the following financial and performance metrics : Payback, ROI, NPV, IRR, LTV
- Experience managing relationships with external clients
- A good understanding of what it takes to maintain and develop the most productive client relationships
- Experience of commercial planning and reporting cycles
- Experience of managing accounts and relationships for multiple clients
- Ability to interpret customer business needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Sound knowledge of web analytics
- Commercial modelling
- SQL database experience
- MBA, CIM, or CIMA
- Ecommerce and/or, direct marketing
- Commercial focus
- Internal/management consultancy experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including technical teams (web developers, database administrators, etc)
- Experience supporting, and presenting to, senior management
Are you the one we are looking for? If this sounds like you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with a covering letter describing why you think you are the right person for us. We embrace diversity in our applicant’s backgrounds. The successful applicant will have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.