JustGiving is the world’s leading platform for charity giving. Our mission is to connect all of the world’s causes with givers who care, from hyper-local community projects to major international charities.
London, United Kingdom
10 Apr 2014
Opportunity has expired
Yimby PR Manager (Part-time/initial 6 month contract)
We want a part-time PR Manager looking to escape agency life & get involved in an exciting new start-up, such as Yimby by JustGiving.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
is the new crowdfunding community for social good. Yimby enables any individual
to start a project to benefit their community, without being a registered
charity: whether that is bringing a
community garden back into bloom; starting a mentoring
programme for young people; or saving your local
As part of the Yimby team, you will use your extensive PR experience to help spread the Yimby word and make our brand synonymous with crowdfunding for social good.
We are looking for someone to work (and sit!) with the team 2-3 days a week. The initial contract length will be six months.
Working in a fast-moving environment, as part of a small cross-functional team you will:
- Identify the best user stories on Yimby.com and promote them to local, regional and national press – ensuring that the Yimby brand message is well represented in the articles you place.
- Make Yimby part of the crowdfunding conversation. Building a list of key influencers (journalists, bloggers, etc), you will represent Yimby’s brand values and bring us awareness amongst mainstream audiences.
- Boost the impact of our partnerships with brands and other organisations with great pieces highlighting the potential of community crowdfunding, and Yimby, to bring to life projects of vital importance to local communities.
- Generate innovative and scrappy creative campaigns that bring the Yimby brand to new audiences and gain us column inches.
- p.s. We’re starting in the UK first, but soon enough, you’ll need to be thinking about multiple markets.
- You’re educated to degree level, have at least 5 years experience in public relations and creative marketing, and love building the profile of new brands.
- You’re the kind of person who opens doors. You’re shameless in your pursuit of a good story. You’re always on the phone trying to drum up the next scoop.
- You have a great understanding of online technology. You know your crowdfunding from your cloud-funding.
- You live and breathe social enterprise and community goodness – you get what we’re trying to achieve here, and who we’re trying to help.
- You’re a self-starter who doesn’t mind being thrown in at the deep end. (We do that).
- You’re a doer. Not afraid to discard the strategy deck, and just get things going.
- You learn from your mistakes (and successes).
- You have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, strong organisational skills and a keen eye for detail. You’ll be representing the Yimby brand after all!
In return for everything that you can bring, we pay competitive market rates and can offer you an exciting role in a growing business that’s part of something bigger, with plenty of opportunities to learn – and of course enjoy it at the same time.
Are you the one we are looking for? If this sounds like you, please send your CV, together with a covering letter describing why you think you are the right person for us to our People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.