King.com is a global leader in casual social games with over 1 billion plays each month and a rapidly growing audience across web, social and mobile. The company was founded in 2003 and now has offices in London, Stockholm, Hamburg, San Francisco, Bucharest and Malta. Games development takes place in Bucharest and Stockholm, where we have one of the largest studios in Sweden.
San Francisco, United States
16 Apr 2013
Opportunity has expired
Advertising Sales Director - West Coast
We are sociable and fun, and are passionate about games and what we do, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do our lives are about more than work. If you are like us, we’d love to talk to you.
San Francisco, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
About the people we hire
We know that the continued success of King.com depends on preserving the amazing culture we have, so ‘fit’ is extremely important. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are sociable and fun, and are passionate about games and what we do, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do our lives are about more than work. If you are like us, we’d love to talk to you.
The role is quota carrying and covers all elements of advertising sales, with a focus on developing and selling custom advertising solutions to Fortune 500 brands and agencies
- To drive advertising $$$ revenue from the region
- To develop and manage the relationship with our US advertising partners, specifically:
- Helping define and evangelise the King.com proposition to clients and agencies, including responding to client briefs and creating sales proposals
- Keeping our partners informed about King.com developments and new advertising opportunities
- Creating new sales packages
- To develop and sell King.com advertising programmes directly to clients, creative and media agencies in the region across our platforms, web, social & mobile
- Co-ordinate regularly and effectively with internal teams internationally regards implementing advertising solutions and project manage the campaign with regular and consistent communication with all necessary parties
- To keep abreast of key industry developments and trends in the view of taking advantage of potential revenue opportunities
Candidate Specification: Key selection criteira:
- 3-5years+ minimum advertising sales experience
- Strong network of west coast relationships in the US in the marketing (clients ) and agency community
- Experience in managing /working at senior level with agencies and / or large Fortune 500 brands directly
- Experience in selling and developing more complex sponsorship solutions (i.e. beyond the banner)
- Strong presentation skills and influencer skills with a focus on consultative selling
- Industry experience: Experience of working for a consumer internet business (games or entertainment focus a plus) through a very significant growth phase is desirable. Proven interest in social media and a passion for games
- Strong skills on all facets of a sales cycle, including prospecting, negotiating and closing
- Account Management – understand how to shape, refine and analyse business partnerships to drive commercial metrics (i.e. engagement & revenue)
- Minimum BA graduate degree or equivalent
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.