You’ll be managing a centralized team of Quality Engineers. This key member of the Technical Management group will be instrumental in ensuring the success of initiatives that are critical to scaling our deployment and testing operations.
You will have complete ownership of the function and will be well versed in best practices, tools, etc. He or she will be responsible for promulgating processes and procedures to facilitate very fast deployment of world-class, consumer facing web-based software.
This is an outstanding opportunity to:
- Build a world class Q/A function from scratch
- Research and implement cutting edge techniques
- Work with the World's best Engineers and Scientists
- Improving our automated test suites.
- Continue to improve features and capabilities over time through testing best practices.
- Leverage our analytics tools and work closely with our product group to thoroughly understand our user base and provide test harnesses that are representative of their behaviors and technologies.
- Ensure scalable test execution (tests can be run by any member of the tech organization)
- Providing consultation to developers on standardizing testing methodologies and designing code for testability.
- Improving our deployment processes and tools with a goal of continuous deployment across our organization.
- Working closely with our Systems team to manage the state of QA and production environments.
- Providing expertise in load testing methodologies (extrapolating results from a subset of our production footprint, scaling our load tests themselves to properly exercise our platform beyond our reported capacity, etc.)
- Advocating for a great customer experience in every facet of our development process.
- 3-7 years of experience deploying and testing software used by millions of users
- Deep understanding of *nix/cloud environments
- Demonstrated success designing and implementing software testing frameworks
- Demonstrated success implementing continuous deployment processes
- Extensive experience with a variety of mocking and testing frameworks: pytest, rspec, junit, mockito, selenium, nose, grinder, etc.
- Comfort and familiarity with the JVM
- Competitive salary and stock options
- As much paid vacation as you need to take
- Flexible hours
- High-quality work station (default setup: a Mac retina laptop with a giant monitor)