Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF)
Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF)
LAFF gives children in Peru the tools and skills to build themselves an independent future, through education, vocational training and sustainability projects.
26 Oct 2012
Opportunity has expired
Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Skilled Spanish speaker needed for internship opportunity working with beneficiaries in Peru
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Are you looking for the opportunity to improve your Spanish language skills and gain hands-on experience in the field in the International Development sector? Why not volunteer withLAFF, where your skills will be put to good use and you will have the opportunity to work directly with beneficiaries, gain valuable field experience and increased awareness of International Development issues, whilst practising and improving your Spanish language fluency working in a Latin American context. After being supported into your new role through our pre-departure andin-country training, you will work in Peru as a valued member of our small team of enthusiastic and skilled professionals from around the globe, under the guidance and supervision of our International Partnerships Manager. What better way to gain valuable work experience in the field than taking on this challenging and CV-boosting professional role. LAFF seeks a skilled professional for a full time volunteering position.
Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Location: Cusco, Peru
Employment Type: Unpaid volunteering position/ full time
Leave: 2 days per month
Application Deadline: November 20th, 2012
Start date: February, 2013
Duration: 3 to 6 months
In order to monitor and evaluate the progress, effectiveness and impact of our projects and interventions, LAFF is currently looking to design a Project Monitoring Plan (PMP) and to put in place an M&E system. The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will lead all M&E activities for LAFF and will closely collaborate with our local partners in Peru.
Under the supervision of the International Partnerships Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Identify M&E needs.
- Develop and maintain a PMP.
- Develop and maintain a project M&E database system.
- Design strategies for strengthening data collection, interpretation and use as appropriate.
- Assess the existing M&E systems, indicators and tools used by our partners; as well as the possibility of changing, improving and/or unifying these systems.
- Review reporting from our partners and LAFF.
- Manage, organize and facilitate surveys when necessary.
- Provide training and build M&E capacity of our staff, volunteers and partners.
- Perform regular internal performance evaluations.
- Undergraduate Degree in statistics, demography, public policy, economics (or related field) or equivalent experience in M&E. Post graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year of volunteering and/or work experience in the M&E field. International development experience desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge and/or experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, indicator selection, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies, database management, impact evaluation and research methodologies.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented with ability to multitask.
- Solid report-writing skills.
Personal Qualities:We are looking for self-assured, motivated self starters who are able to work independently as well as being good team players. A non-judgemental approach and commitment to learning is essential, as well as a positive outlook and preparedness for the realities of volunteering in anInternational Development context.
Note: Volunteers are expected to cover all their own costs – including flights, visas and insurance. Applications received after the deadline or not compliant with the instructions above will not be accepted. All successful volunteer applicants must undergo a CRB check prior to acceptance – which will be free of charge and LAFF will help to arrange. LAFF will hold interviews with suitable applicants. Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact successful applicants.
In order to apply for this fantastic opportunity to volunteer in Latin America please download an application form from our website (http://www.laffcharity.org.uk/volunteer/volunteer-in-peru/) and send it to email@example.com, together with your CV to the email provided.
Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.