Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF)
Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF)
LAFF gives children in Peru the tools and skills to build themselves an independent future, through education, vocational training and sustainability projects.
26 Oct 2012
Opportunity has expired
Vocational Training and Career Guidance Programme Coordinator
Skilled Spanish speaker for internship opportunity working with beneficiaries in Peru
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Are you looking for the opportunity to improve your Spanish language skills and gain hands-on experience in the field in the International Development sector? Why not volunteer with LAFF, where your skills will be put to good use and you will have the opportunity to work directly with beneficiaries, gain valuable field experience and increased awareness of International Development issues, whilst practising and improving your Spanish language fluency working in a Latin American context. After being supported into your new role through our pre-departure andin-country training, you will work in Peru as a valued member of our small team of enthusiastic and skilled professionals from around the globe, under the guidance and supervision of our International Partnerships Manager. What better way to gain valuable work experience in the field than taking on this challenging and CV-boosting professional role.
LAFF seeks a skilled professional for a full time volunteering position.
Title: Vocational Training and Career Guidance Programme Coordinator
Location: Cusco, Peru.
Employment Type: Unpaid volunteering position/ full time
Leave: 2 days per month
Application Deadline: November 20th, 2012
Start date: February, 2013
Duration: 6 months +
Summary: Through the Vocational Training and Career Guidance Programme LAFF designs, funds and/ or delivers training and workshops directly or indirectly (through training centres, qualified businesses or individuals) according to the different organizations’ and beneficiaries’ needs and interests. Young people also receive support from career guidance specialists. The main goal of this programme is to equip children and young people with relevant soft skills (communication, language, interpersonal); life skills (decision making, critical thinking, problemsolving, creative thinking); basic (English and Maths) and technical skills. Intended to increase economic opportunities, technical skills training targets young people aged 14 to 25 and responds to the labour market demand in order to guarantee internship opportunities, business start ups and/ or job placements.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the International Partnerships Manager, the Vocational Training and Career Guidance Programme Coordinator will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Identify (through participatory techniques) the needs/requirements for vocational training and career guidance for beneficiaries of LAFF’s partner organisations.
- In collaboration with our partners and through participatory techniques, identify suitable trainees.
- In collaboration with our partners, develop budgets, plan and implement life and technical skills training programmes.
- In collaboration with our partners, develop budgets, plan and implement the LAFF career guidance programme.
- Identify training providers (institutions, training centres, businesses and/or experts) and establish MoU’s or agreements when possible.
- Identify internship, short work experience and job placement opportunities for young people.
- Network and forge links with other stakeholders and organisations (including local government, donors, companies and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives.
- Continue to develop a data base of training providers and other private/public sectors partners or potential partners.
- Monitor and evaluate the results and impact of the vocational training and career guidance programme and submit progress reports.
- Undergraduate Degree in International Relations, International Development, Education or related field. Post graduate degree desirable but not essential.
- Minimum of 1 year of volunteering and/or work experience. Field and/or international development experience, as well as experience implementing vocational training programmes desirable.
- Budget development, administrative skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented and ability to multitask.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Solid report-writing skills.
Personal Qualities: We are looking for self-assured, motivated self starters who are able to work independently as well as being good team players. A non-judgemental approach and commitment to learning is essential, as well as a positive outlook and preparedness for the realities of volunteering in anInternational Development context.
Note: Volunteers are expected to cover all their own costs – including flights, visas and insurance. Applications received after the deadline or not compliant with the instructions above will not be accepted. All successful volunteer applicants must undergo a CRB check prior to acceptance – which will be free of charge and LAFF will help to arrange. LAFF will hold interviews with suitable applicants. Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact successful applicants.
In order to apply for this fantastic opportunity to volunteer in Latin America please download an application form (http://www.laffcharity.org.uk/volunteer/volunteer-in-peru/) and submit it, together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.