Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF)
Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF)
LAFF gives children in Peru the tools and skills to build themselves an independent future, through education, vocational training and sustainability projects.
26 Oct 2012
Opportunity has expired
Communications and Information Officer
Spanish speaker needed for exciting volunteer opportunity in Cusco, Peru
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Are you looking for the opportunity to improve your Spanish language skills and gain hands-on experience in the field in the International Development sector? Why not volunteer with LAFF, where your skills will be put to good use and you will have the opportunity to work directly with beneficiaries, gain valuable field experience and increased awareness of International Development issues, whilst practising and improving your Spanish language fluency working in a Latin American context. After being supported into your new role through our pre-departure andin-country training, you will work in Peru as a valued member of our small team of enthusiastic and skilled professionals from around the globe, under the guidance and supervision of our International Partnerships Manager. What better way to gain valuable work experience in the field than taking on this challenging and CV-boosting professional role.
LAFF seeks a skilled individual for a full time volunteering position.
Title: Communications and Information Officer
Location: Cusco, Peru.
Employment Type: Unpaid volunteering position/ full time
Leave: 2 days per month
Application Deadline: November 20th, 2012
Start date: February 2013
Duration: 3 to 6 months
Summary: The communications component of LAFFs work aims to provide and facilitate relevant and timely information for LAFFs communication and fundraising activities; maintaining and improving LAFFs international and local visibility through innovative strategies; and raise awareness about various socioeconomic problems, in particular those affecting children and young people in Peru. Thecommunication strategy consists of producing and disseminating information, blogs, newsletters and posts through LAFFs website, social networks and/or other relevant channels.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the International Partnerships Manager, the Communications and Information Officer will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Plan, develop and administer LAFFs communications
- Prepare and/or update a communications strategy identifying objectives, messages, audiences, and products.
- Produce and disseminate public information and high quality print and electronic communications regarding LAFFs activities.
- Provide quality control on all print and electronic public information materials – including social media platforms, the website, videos, blogs, organisational brochures and information packets, briefing books, etc.
- Promote a better understanding and awareness of socioeconomic realities and LAFFs programmes.
- Ensure that communication practices reflect LAFFs priorities, mission and vision.
- Network and forge links with other stakeholders and organisations (including local government, donors, companies, universities and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives.
- Undergraduate Degree (or currently enrolled) in communications, languages, international relations or related field.
- Volunteering and/or work experience (including communications, PR, field and/or international development experience) highly desirable.
- Interest in acquiring communications and international development experience.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented with ability to multitask.
- Experience/good knowledge of social media usage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
Personal Qualities: We are looking for self-assured, motivated self starters who are able to work independently as well as being good team players. A non-judgemental approach and commitment to learning is essential, as well as a positive outlook and preparedness for the realities of volunteering in an International Development context.
Note: Volunteers are expected to cover all their own costs – including flights, visas and insurance. Applications received after the deadline or not compliant with the instructions above will not be accepted. All successful volunteer applicants must undergo a CRB check prior to acceptance – which will be free of charge and LAFF will help to arrange. LAFF will hold interviews with suitable applicants. Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact successful applicants.
In order to apply for this fantastic opportunity to volunteer in Latin America please download an application form from our website (http://www.laffcharity.org.uk/volunteer/volunteer-in-peru/) and submit it, together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.