Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF) is a UK-registered charity supporting marginalised children and young people in Peru. We work through local partner organisations in Cusco and support activities and projects in the areas of formal education; skills and vocational training; and sustainability, including income generation, cost reduction and capacity building. We believe in creating independence and sustainability, and aim to achieve it for those we help through educating, empowering and enabling.
LAFF seeks a skilled individual for a full time volunteering position in one of our partner organisations, Sacred Valley Project.
Possible duties include:
- Assisting the Director of Education in developing supplementary educational programs in art, theater, life skills, computation and economics
- Develop an internship program through creating partnerships with outside companies
- Maintain records
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation
- Assisting with coordination of building projects
- Organizing student volunteer building
- Work with the building supervisor to ensure proper delivery of materials and coordination
- Assist with outreach for fundraising
- Generate fundraising ideas
- Assist with development of sustainable economic projects
- At least 21 years of age
- Conversational to advanced Spanish language abilities
- Interest in women's education and women's rights
- Educational background or construction background preferred
- Willingness to commit to at least three-months
This is a volunteer/intern position and The Sacred Valley Project will not be able to financially compensate the project assistant for their work on the project. They are willing to assist with finding housing near to the dormitory and will provide a supportive and rewarding work environment. This position will provide the Project Assistant with a unique opportunity to work with the Quechua people of the Andes and learn from its rich history and unique culture.
Upon successful completion of their work with SVP, they will provide the project assistant letters of recommendation and support in pursuing a career in the non-profit sector.