Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF)
Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF)
LAFF gives children in Peru the tools and skills to build themselves an independent future, through education, vocational training and sustainability projects.
2 Jun 2014
Opportunity has expired
International Partnerships Assistant
The International Partnerships Assistant provides support across all LAFF’s projects and works closely with our local partners in Peru.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Are you looking for the opportunity to improve your Spanish language skills and gain hands-on experience in the field in the International Development sector? Why not volunteer with LAFF, where your skills will be put to good use and you will have the opportunity to work directly with beneficiaries, gain valuable field experience and increased awareness of International Development issues, whilst practising and improving your Spanish language fluency working in a Latin American context. After being supported into your new role through our pre-departure and in-country training, you will work in Peru as a valued member of our small team of enthusiastic and skilled professionals from around the globe, under the guidance and supervision of our International Partnerships Manager. What better way to gain valuable work experience in the field than taking on this challenging and CV-boosting professional role.
Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF) is a UK-registered charity supporting marginalised children and young people in Peru. We work through local partner organisations in Cusco and support activities and projects in the areas of formal education; skills and vocational training; and sustainability, including income generation, cost reduction and capacity building. We believe in creating independence and sustainability, and aim to achieve it for those we help through educating, empowering and enabling.
LAFF seeks a skilled individual for a full time volunteering position.
Position Title: International Partnerships Assistant
Location: Cusco, Peru.
Employment Type: Unpaid volunteering position/ full time
Leave: 2 days per month
Application Deadline: ongoing
Start date: August 2014
Duration: 3 to 6 months
Under the supervision of the International Partnerships Manager, and on occasion under the supervision of the Programme Coordinators, the International Partnerships Assistant will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
· Provide administrative and logistical support.
· Organize and schedule meetings and events when necessary.
· Identify needs from our partners/beneficiaries and provide technical support when relevant.
· Design and deliver short term workshops when relevant.
· Conduct research, markets studies and baselines studies.
· Develop and carry out surveys.
· Identify new potential partners.
· Visit projects to follow up progress on various activities.
- Undergraduate Degree (or currently enrolled) in International Relations, International Development, Languages, Education or related field.
- Minimum of 6 months of volunteering and/or work experience. Field and/or international development experience.
- Administrative and/or research skills and experience preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented with ability to multitask.
- Solid report-writing skills.
We are looking for self-assured, motivated self starters who are able to work independently as well as being good team players. A non-judgemental approach and commitment to learning is essential, as well as a positive outlook and preparedness for the realities of volunteering in an International Development context.
In order to apply for this fantastic opportunity to volunteer in Latin America please download an application form from our website (www.laffcharity.org.uk) and submit it, together with your CV to: email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Note: Volunteers are expected to cover all their own costs – including flights, visas and insurance. Applications received after the deadline or not compliant with the instructions above will not be accepted. All successful volunteer applicants must undergo a police check prior to acceptance. LAFF will hold interviews with suitable applicants. Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact successful applicants.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.