TRAVEL, EXPLORE, VOLUNTEER IN ECUADOR & GALAPAGOS! EXPERIENCES OF LIFETIME
Puerto Bolivar, Ecuador
6 Feb 2013
Opportunity has expired
Teach English in Ecuador´s Pacific Coast
A Language superstar who wants to live in Ecuador´s Pacific Coast with Free Housing and Meals included!
Puerto Bolivar, Ecuador
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
This program focuses on teaching English in public schools in Puerto Bolivar, the main port of EL Oro province. The province is the first one in Ecuador offering support to international English teachers to come and teach English in public schools in their province. The program aims to increase English instruction from 45 minutes a week to at least one hour a day. In exchange for your work, the Government of El Oro covers the cost of expenses, including accommodation and offers a monthly stipend to the teachers.
The program is sponsored by the EL Oro Local Government which has been in charge for 3 consecutive periods overseeing this program. They have maintained this position due to their effective performance and positive results of this program, which has been well-received and supported by local residents. This is your chance to make a difference while traveling. The placements are in the south of Ecuador, close to the Peruvian border and minutes from the Pacific beach.
In 2013, the Ecuadorian government has given us 30 spots for this program.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Accommodations in a local hotel, in shared rooms with other teachers
- Additional Stipend of 150USD monthly for other expenses
- 2 weeks of Medical and emergency travel insurance provided by a local broker.
- 3 Days Accommodations in Quito before heading to EL ORO
- Flight ticket to Machala
- 24/7 Support from our staff
· International flights
- Return transfers from Machala back to the hostel in Quito
· Personal travel insurance for volunteers who register directly with Lead Adventures after the second week.
- TEFL certificate preferred ,but not required
- Spanish fluency preferred, but not required
- Previous experience teaching English
- Be available for a minimum of 3 months
- Have a Bachelor's degree or have lived abroad in the past,
- Being willing to help the kids and enjoy the country
DURATION OF THE PROGRAM: The school year operates from early April to the end of December. The school is closed from January-March, the summer months and on National Holidays.
Please note that these requirements are flexible according to each participant’s background and interests. We will determine if you are eligible for the program after a skype interview
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume and a short cover letter stating why you are interested in the program and state any relevant teaching experience. Please send required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once materials have been received, a Skype interview will be scheduled.
PROGRAM FEE: One- time fee of 550USD to be paid once you have been placed.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are an Ecuadorian-based organization that knows the people, the causes, and the destinations. Our programs are unique as our country. We have helped more than 3,000 participants, including University Groups, find their personal adventure in Ecuador.
Please email resumes to email@example.com with the subject line "English without Borders"
Please indicate your dates of availability.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.