Leave UR Mark
Leave UR Mark
Leave UR Mark is a social enterprise that links international interns and volunteers to organizations, non-profits, and NGOs in Bangalore, India. Our volunteers come for a duration of 1-4 months a...
15 Jan 2014
Opportunity has expired
Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
Live in a beautiful penthouse in India and play a crucial role for a young social enterprise. Travel loving people-person needed!
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Leave UR Mark is a social enterprise that links international interns and volunteers to organizations, non-profits, and NGOs in Bangalore, India. Our volunteers come for a duration of 1-4 months and get involved in meaningful projects such as microfinance, doing research on developmental disorders, interning in organizations like IBM, etc.
We are looking for an Assistant Volunteer Coordinator to help welcome, support, and organize social activities for our volunteers for the duration of their stay. The coordinator will be assisting and reporting directly to the field director and every single day will be different. We are ideally looking to have someone start in February or March of 2014 but can be flexible if the right person comes along.
- Providing orientation and a welcome lunch or dinner to new volunteers
- Giving information to volunteers on what to do in the city—what restaurants to go to, where to shop, nightlife recommendations, and weekend excursions
- Organizing cultural activities for volunteers like Indian cooking classes, language classes, dance, henna drawings, museum outings, etc.
- Supporting them with any issues they may have at their projects, accommodation, health, or culture shock
- Organizing and sometimes accompanying them on weekend excursions to the nearby beaches, backwaters, ancient ruins, or coffee hill stations
- Scouting out new projects for Leave UR Mark that will make a difference to society as well as be a meaningful program for the volunteer
- Writing blog entries on your own experience in India liaising and socializing with other volunteers
Our ideal candidate:
- 21 or older
- Attending or have attended university
- Loves traveling and has already traveled a bit (major plus if you’ve been to Asia!)
- Can commit for at least 5 months
- A total people person so our volunteers can feel safe, happy, and comfortable in a new country
For all your efforts, we will provide:
- Airport pickup at Bangalore International Airport
- Accommodation in our beautiful penthouse on the 18th floor of an apartment building. You have access to the swimming pool, gym, clubhouse, squash courts, rooftop, and balconies overlooking the beautiful city of Bangalore. The apartment also comes with wifi, a laundry machine, plasma TV, and fully equipped kitchen.
- 2 Indian meals per day
- Monthly Stipend of Rs. 6,000 per month
- All expenses paid weekend excursions with the volunteers (when available)
This experience is sure to make you see India in a different light. As we are a startup, we cannot reimburse you for your airfare to India or visa expenses.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.