Lively Minds is a small international development charity. We're improving the quality of life for deprived children and their families in rural Ghana and Uganda through our low-cost early years education programmes that are run by the communities themselves.
Tamale Or Bolga, Ghana
19 Mar 2014
Opportunity has expired
Volunteer in Ghana and help change lives for children living in poverty
Unique & life-changing experience. Make a personal & lasting difference to the lives of hundreds of children. 2 to 6 week volunteer options
Tamale Or Bolga, Ghana
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We offer unique and eye-opening volunteer experiences in Northern Ghana working alongside our expert staff to help set up community run Play Centres and Reading Schemes in rural deprived villages.
- Immerse yourself in village life working directly with women, children and youth.
- A fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience in international development working in the field.
- Challenge and adapt your communication skills working with people from different cultures
- Gain first-hand experience of overseas development in some of the world's poorest communities and make a massive difference to them
- By volunteering for us you will give hundreds of children free access to sustainable education and health activities
Ghana – in either our Tamale offices (Northern) or Bolgatanga offices (Upper Eastern)
- Spend 2 or 3 weeks volunteering with us (dates are flexible)
- Or join our 6 week volunteering scheme (see our website for dates)
What will Lively Minds provide?
- Accommodation in Ghana
- Information and fundraising ideas pack
- Pre-departure induction training in the UK
- Orientation and structured supervision and support whilst in Ghana
- Motorbike transport to field with our local staff
For 2-3 week trip you must fundraise a minimum donation of £200 per weeks stay or £800 for 6 week programme.
This will go directly into our projects in Ghana and Uganda You will see first-hand how your fundraising is making a difference and changing lives.
What's not included?
- Flights and visa (approximately £550-800)
- Food/subsistence whilst in Ghana (from £40 per week)
- Travel Insurance
- Any other medical expenses (e.g. vaccinations) where relevant
- Transfers to/from the airport
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.