Lively Minds is a small international development charity. We're improving the quality of life for deprived children and their families in rural Ghana and Uganda through our low-cost early years ed...
Tamale Or Bolga, Ghana
19 Mar 2014
Opportunity has expired
Volunteer in Ghana and help change lives for children living in poverty
Unique & life-changing experience. Make a personal & lasting difference to the lives of hundreds of children. 2 to 6 week volunteer options
Tamale Or Bolga, Ghana
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We offer unique and eye-opening volunteer experiences in Northern Ghana working alongside our expert staff to help set up community run Play Centres and Reading Schemes in rural deprived villages.
- Immerse yourself in village life working directly with women, children and youth.
- A fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience in international development working in the field.
- Challenge and adapt your communication skills working with people from different cultures
- Gain first-hand experience of overseas development in some of the world's poorest communities and make a massive difference to them
- By volunteering for us you will give hundreds of children free access to sustainable education and health activities
Ghana – in either our Tamale offices (Northern) or Bolgatanga offices (Upper Eastern)
- Spend 2 or 3 weeks volunteering with us (dates are flexible)
- Or join our 6 week volunteering scheme (see our website for dates)
What will Lively Minds provide?
- Accommodation in Ghana
- Information and fundraising ideas pack
- Pre-departure induction training in the UK
- Orientation and structured supervision and support whilst in Ghana
- Motorbike transport to field with our local staff
For 2-3 week trip you must fundraise a minimum donation of £200 per weeks stay or £800 for 6 week programme.
This will go directly into our projects in Ghana and Uganda You will see first-hand how your fundraising is making a difference and changing lives.
What's not included?
- Flights and visa (approximately £550-800)
- Food/subsistence whilst in Ghana (from £40 per week)
- Travel Insurance
- Any other medical expenses (e.g. vaccinations) where relevant
- Transfers to/from the airport
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.