Living Goods is a social enterprise tackling poverty in East Africa and beyond. We empower "Avon-like" micro-entrepreneurs to deliver life-saving and life-changing products to the doorsteps of the...
San Francisco, United States
24 Dec 2013
Opportunity has expired
Business Development Manager
Seeking a Business Development Manager who shares our belief in applying business solutions to social problems.
San Francisco, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Living Goods is growing! In the past year, our networks of empowered entrepreneurs in East Africa more than doubled, we supported six replicating partners operating across the globe from Peru to Indonesia, and we continued to innovate new strategies and systems to dramatically increase access to life-changing products among people living in poverty.
We are striving for massive impact and seek nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in the developing world.
To support our ambitious vision, Living Goods is seeking a Business Development Manager to identify, cultivate, and engage stakeholders who share our belief in applying business solutions to social problems.
Qualified candidates will bring a blended background of exceptional private and social sector experience that defines our progressive culture. This is an unrivalled opportunity to help a leading social enterprise grow its impact and change millions of lives for the better, including your own.
- Donor Development. The primary responsibility of this role is to identify and cultivate relationships with new funding partners investing between $250,000 to $1M per year. Attracting funders who provide exceptional strategic guidance as well as financial support is a core focus of Living Goods development strategy. You will build relationships with leading thinkers in global development, emerging markets, global health, and social enterprise.
- Stakeholder Relations. Donor retention is a key strength of Living Goods. Keeping our stakeholders informed and engaged in both the progress and challenges of Living Goods is central to our extraordinarily high rate of donor renewal. You will author stakeholder reports, conduct regular meetings, and seek opportunities to deepen engagement with core donors.
- Partner Communications. Extraordinary communication skills are essential. You must be a cogent writer and articulate orator capable of calibrating your pitch to a diverse range of audiences ranging from private foundations to impact investors and corporate partners to bi-lateral agencies.
- Database Management. You will better utilize and fully optimize our SalesForce partner database. You will lead an organization wide effort to track and target our partner communications.
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, business development, marketing, sales or fundraising. We are not seeking a traditional fundraiser, as we do not use a traditional fundraising strategy. You must know how to build strong relationships with C-suite clients.
- Exceptional written communication skills. Qualified candidates will enjoy writing and be able to develop multiple writing styles for the divergent needs of grant reporting, proposals, and partner marketing.
- Relationship builder. To thrive in this role you must enjoy building relationships and networking with some of the brightest minds in global development.
- Obsessively organized. Managing contacts, connections, deadlines, and deliverables requires excellent organizational skills.
- Self-starter. Able to work independently and be proactive. Someone who takes initiative and doesn’t wait for assignments.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM tool.
- Committed to Living Goods mission of building a double bottom-line business designed to improve the health and wealth of people living in poverty.
- Willingness to travel regionally and internationally
- BA required; Masters degree in a relevant field preferred.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.