We believe in making great design accessible to everyone.
16 Jul 2013
Opportunity has expired
TBC - competitive
Furniture Buyer (Shanghai Office)
Join the Made.com Product department in Shanghai!
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
TBC - competitive
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
- Work with Made.com management team to set up ambitious and realistic targets in terms of new product development and extension of our product ranges.
- Develop a strategy over the next 12 months, aligned with our product direction, to identify, develop, source and release best-selling products in their categories.
- Achieve your objectives while building and challenging an efficient workflow and set of procedures to fit our very flexible business model.
- You will be seeking and developing ranges with external designers. This will involve coordinating the relationships and managing the process from drawings to prototype and beyond.
- You will also have a great ability to identify and/or develop your own unique designs that you’ll be able to bring to the market extremely quickly with the help of our sourcing teams.
- You will have extensive knowledge of leather and fabric constructions, finishes and colors, and be able to creatively and efficiently merchandise leather/fabric covers and upholstery frames.
- Your role will involve the research and audit of new suppliers in Asia and Europe.
- You will also be responsible for monitoring our supplier's progress, negotiating the best possible prices for Made.com quality standards, following up the whole product development process and all aspects of the relationship with our suppliers together with our sourcing team on the ground.
- Travelling to visit new and existing suppliers will be a key part of the role and you will be expected to do this every 6-8 weeks. You will deal with a wide range of designers, our in-house teams and manufacturers to develop one of the best furniture ranges on the market.
- You are an ambitious and highly motivated individual, with a passion for furniture and design as well as great buying skills
- You are hard working, known for exceptional organisational and planning skills, and able to manage and lead team members and business partners to the next level of efficiency
- You have proven experience in a buying and product development role in the furniture sector, and are willing to work hard, learn quickly and take over growing responsibilities in a very fast growing environment
- You are not afraid of new challenges but love them, you are proactive and always keen on identifying any new issue and coming up with potential solutions and new ideas to grow the Made.com collection and the variety of products we make available to our beloved customers
- You’re full of energy and willing to make a difference in an organisation and a market
- You are also able to think out of the box, and are not afraid of thinking big.
- All in all, you are deeply motivated by our company vision and want to help us write the MADE.com story together.
Apply for the opportunity to join our team in the heart of Notting Hill.
Email CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.